LegacyGT.com

WTF!! Interior Filter

crossle32

I just got the interior/cabin filter. I got it relatively cheap, $35. WTF!! This thing is a POS. No frame, it is paper thin and probably cost about $.02 to make!!

Don't buy one! Make your own. Just go to Home Depot and get some filter material. That cost $5 and can make about 4 of them.

So how long does it take to change it if it's my first time? My air smells like dirty feet when we turn off the AC. Something needs to be changed!

It all depends on which MY you have. The 2005's are a pain the arse, the 06's are fairly easy. My 06 took me about 20 minutes.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

It all depends on which MY you have. The 2005's are a pain the arse, the 06's are fairly easy. My 06 took me about 20 minutes.

'05s got the "magic curtain" somewhere midyear. My 8/04 production date does not have it, but a co-workers 1/05 production date did. Not sure when they started coming with it, but I am sure it was between August 04 and January 05 :)

-- Steve

So how long does it take to change it if it's my first time? My air smells like dirty feet when we turn off the AC. Something needs to be changed!

Yeah like your socks! :lol:

Sounds like you have some mold in your vents. I suggest you take a 75/25 mixture of water/bleach and put it into a spray bottle. Put your climate control on fresh air, fan on high and spray it into your intake vents. The car may smell like bleach for a few days but it should smell better after that.

Yeah like your socks! :lol:

Sounds like you have some mold in your vents. I suggest you take a 75/25 mixture of water/bleach and put it into a spray bottle. Put your climate control on fresh air, fan on high and spray it into your intake vents. The car may smell like bleach for a few days but it should smell better after that.

I might do that. I'll check the filter first. Here in dry Colorado, we really don't have mold problems. I'm hoping it is just an old filter. Thanks for the heads up sugestion though. When I replace the filter I will do some checking and see if it is the vents too.

Doesn't the a/c get a stale smell when it starts to run out?

I might know what you are talking about. It gets that musty earthy smell, and I am familliar with that. My AC work fine, but when I turn it off, it goes to dehumidified air and smaells like dirty feet. Yes, smelly socks. My car does not smell like that and it goes away quickly, but it is bothersome none the less.

Might not have a filter Powerman. Every AC car I've had (a whopping two) has the stink. Just mix up the solution as suggested. I usually just use a can of lysol and hit the vent the beginning and end of the season.

Hummm. Cool

Archived