LegacyGT.com

Still not making good power

LegacyDan

So after a a long tuning session last week on the dyno here, knock control is good and MAF scaling looks better i think but car only made 290hp@fly today It should be closer to 330-360hp with the mods i have(vf36 setup on ej20y) My tuner said he is having trouble getting the dual VVT/AVCS setup working right so im guessing thats the reason why its down on power

lv:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/desperatedano/LearningView_SS_11-17-2012123658PM.jpg

This is the first time i have seen a minus figure on the 0-5.6 range Does LV look good apart from that?

dyno today:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/desperatedano/Scan3.jpeg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/desperatedano/Scan4.jpeg

Is there any US legacy model that uses the dual AVCS setup?

what parameters are good ones to log with to help see any issues to why its down on power? What should wastegate duty cycle be peaking at under full boost approximately? I need to go out on do some more logs later

Have you had a look at your ACVS maps yourself?

Maybe compare them to the stock JDM STi 08 rom (Check RomRaider Website). That's a 2L DACVS engine as well.

The STi map shows some crazy values of 45degs for both intake and exhaust, but on my ADM 2.0L DACVS VF38 twinscroll I run about 30degs on intake and exhaust up to about 4k rpm then taper of to 10deg on both by 5200rpm (in the load areas, 1.2g up) and make great power for the little-ish turbo.

Also.. looking at your learning view, the car is trying to add fuel across the board.. If you're on stock injectors.. that could certainly be the culprit. Not enough fuel. Too lean. The car isn't hitting the target EFR's right accross the board by the looks.

Have you had a look at your ACVS maps yourself?

Maybe compare them to the stock JDM STi 08 rom (Check RomRaider Website). That's a 2L DACVS engine as well.

The STi map shows some crazy values of 45degs for both intake and exhaust, but on my ADM 2.0L DACVS VF38 twinscroll I run about 30degs on intake and exhaust up to about 4k rpm then taper of to 10deg on both by 5200rpm (in the load areas, 1.2g up) and make great power for the little-ish turbo.

Also.. looking at your learning view, the car is trying to add fuel across the board.. If you're on stock injectors.. that could certainly be the culprit. Not enough fuel. Too lean. The car isn't hitting the target EFR's right accross the board by the looks.

I wouldn't know what im looking at with the AVCS maps to be honest, ill load it up in ecuflash and have a look

The AVCS will not give you too much of a gain - probably not worth messing around with it if you do not know how to tune it.

Assuming you are tip top mechanically...the only realistic way to add significant power is by adding timing and/or leaning out the afr. Unless the tuner was ridiculously conservative, I doubt he left 20-30 whp on the table.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about this.. but I was reading on NASIOC today about 5EAT gearboxes and the effect of Requested Torque on the gearbox line preassure. Stay with me here..

Through that discussion, and comparing of logs, it turned out that the Throttle Plate opening angle was limited by the Requested Torque value. That is, if you hit the Requested Torque Value the ECU stops/closes the Throttle Plate a little.

I have no idea if this could be the problem but perhaps you could do a WOT log and check Throttle Plate Open Angle at WOT. Maybe the ECU is throttling down because of that table (if it hasn't been adjusted) if you're blowing by the requested torque figures.

I don't really know, just offering an idea.

Archived