LegacyGT.com

Accessport can finally log/monitor knock

fishbone

How long has this new firmware been out? I only grabbed it this week-end. This morning when I used the AP for the first time I had the pleasant surprise to find additional logging and live data parameters, amongst them knock learning and knock correction.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up, update your firmware :)

I have not seen it on mine until this new firmware update which came out 4/27. The parameters aren't listed there so it is possible it wasn't this revision that did it. How long have you had yours for?

Maybe I am behind times more than I realize :lol:

If it makes a difference, my AP is for the 05-06 LGT. I've had mine since 07.

Later edit: as of 4/1 there were people still requesting it, the only firmware I can tell that came out since then is the one on 4/27 so I guess this is a new feature after all, at least for those of us with older cars/Accessports. Hooray.

My dongle also fetched an update at the same time.

just updated as per an email then saw this thread. very happy to see knock correction and knock learning on there. Its about time but still thanks cobb.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

I am using the Accessport Updater, which you should too.

I love having FBKC and FLKC, but why didn't they also throw in knock sum? Is it redundant? I thought it would still be very useful to see if there was actually a knock event heard.

I also like the ability to actually view ltft instead of only being able to log them and review later. Just another helpful on the fly check that was not availible without hooking up to the laptop which is very convenient. There are quite a few new parameters that can be viewed and logged now. I can't help but think these new updates have something to do with merchgod now working for Cobb. regardless it is great and yet another reason I am happy to have the accessport/accesstuner race software.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

I also like the ability to actually view ltft instead of only being able to log them and review later. Just another helpful on the fly check that was not availible without hooking up to the laptop which is very convenient. There are quite a few new parameters that can be viewed and logged now. I can't help but think these new updates have something to do with merchgod now working for Cobb. regardless it is great and yet another reason I am happy to have the accessport/accesstuner race software.

Nothing I've done so far has been released. However, the update I am working on will be significant. No ETA right now.

Will it be an update for the 05/06 legacy And prior wrx or only focused on the newer models/ecu's? any plans for updates on the same models with accesstuner race software? I realize you cannot get into much if any details but a simple yes or no will make my day.

Btw thanks for the response.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Supid question: is there a way access these new parameters for stand-along logging via OP2 (provided that the current map is from Cobb of-course)? Like a list of addresses or smth? I really prefer not to carry around the AP, but I'm okay leaving OP2 in the OBD port.

this would have been helpful my car went to safe mode 2 days ago and wouldnt go beyond 8psi. anyone else have the same issue i reset the ecu reverted to stock and added 93octane

this would have been helpful my car went to safe mode 2 days ago and wouldnt go beyond 8psi. anyone else have the same issue i reset the ecu reverted to stock and added 93octane

I dont think this has anything to do with this thread.:confused:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for pointing this out fishbone!

I got an email from COBB too, one of their new "newsletters" actually, and noticed they were recommending everyone update their AP V2's. I thought I read the release notes but didn't see anything about more logging parameters. Coolio!

Cheers!

^^ probably depends on how long you run the logs. i had like 15 on mine but they were all 3rd gear pulls, pretty short

only on one of my logs did anything show up under knock correction. between 2-3k rpms on one pull it ranged from -1.05 up to -.37.

so has anyone else gotten a reading for this value and what exactly does it mean? havent seen it since so im not freaking out about it

edit: a little searching tells me its the computer retarding the timing. doesnt seem like a big deal since it only happened one time when i was between revising maps anyhow.

Archived