LegacyGT.com

Yakima Roof Rack for sedan

mmm def

Haven't used a fairing yet as I haven't really noticed any wind noise from the rack on my previous vehicles. Does it really make a difference on the noise or do you have it more for looks? Could you take a pic of the car w/ the rack & fairing? Thanks. FYI, here's a link to my previous post w/ detailed fit info from Yakima customer service... [URL=http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=50715&postcount=13]http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=50715&postcount=13[/URL]

[quote name='JessterCPA']Great pictures. Now the big problem, what do I do with my Thule System????[/QUOTE] Thule has there system out, check with a local Thule dearler. I have a GT Wagon and have problems. I'm about to post a new thread about the issues for us Wagon owners.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...
I was always a big fan of the snowboard rack for Thule. This year *lo and behold* they FINALLY came out with accessories that can be placed on the round bars. Installed easy, its locked and ready to go. [url]http://rackattack.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=37&cat=Thule+Wintersport+Racks[/url] Thanks Thule.

[quote name='Max Capacity']Thule has there system out, check with a local Thule dearler. I have a GT Wagon and have problems. I'm about to post a new thread about the issues for us Wagon owners.[/QUOTE] I just got my Thule 440/SR2 kit and installed it last night for my LGT wagon. NOT happy with the fit - the factory rails are 3" closer together at the rear meaning the rear Thule bar has to sit too far forward. Anyone else have this issue?

you're definately going to have some negative effect just because of wind drag. i had a rack on my '01 OBS and saw a drop of 2-3 mpg; more when i put the thule box on the rack (probably around 5mpg). it's just a sacrifice for convenience in my opinion

[quote name='sigmeda']Does the glass clear the tower clips easily, or do you have to roll down the windows slightly? I always worry about slamming a door like that and it nicks the clip and chips the window or something... --sigmeda[/QUOTE] Yeah i'm thinking about purchasing this system, however don't know there will be damaged to the glass or seals to the car.

CB99 - can you post a bigger/higher resolution picture of the middle picture you posted. I, too, would like to know if the clips clear the glass window. I still have my Yakima roof rack from my old car, I just need to buy the proper clips for the Legacy. Thanks! DC!

• 2 years later...
What clips are used for the LGT Sedan? On their website, Yakima says to get the Q78, but i'm kind of surprised that they want you to use the same clips for front and back. For those with the rack already installed..what is the spread of the crossbars? I have an ocean kayak and want to start using it more.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived