LegacyGT.com

Can you add blind spot detection

shoenfield

Likely yes, but it could prove to be an evven bigger PITA then adding turn signals to the USDM 2015 Impreza, WRX etc.

Its optional on a 2016 WRX and STI, likely Impreza too.

Question becomes is the BIU ready for new functionality and all thats needed are the parts, wiring, etc? Or is an aftermarket kit the only option.

I would guess, given how subarus historically have been built, most of what you need is the mirrors/sensors and harnesses. Idk if the BIU would even come into play with it since the sensors and indicators are in the mirrors, unless there is also some kind of dash indicator.

^^^^exactly. Anytime someone drives my car they complain about my side mirrors and how they can't see the rear passenger door haha. With correctly adjusted side and rear mirrors your only really blind to motorcycles, and maybe an old Mini Cooper or something

Sent from somewhere in Potatoland

Not sure if it can be easily added after the fact, but it is priceless!

Do they really have blind spots?

My BSD prevented me getting into an accident in my new car when some Bozo behind me jumped the median coming off an exit ramp to merge on to the highway. I hit the blinker (my kid was in Driver's Ed and we had to practice what we preach) and the mirror was blinking like crazy. Would have never seen that one coming ...

Agree with rob here. Until I moved to Atlanta I thought they were crutches for the lazy, but with drivers crossing illegally from every direction at speeds of 80+, that extra set of eyes would have been nice. I don't have it but after driving a loaner with it I wish I did.

Not sure if it can be easily added after the fact, but it is priceless!

My BSD prevented me getting into an accident in my new car when some Bozo behind me jumped the median coming off an exit ramp to merge on to the highway. I hit the blinker (my kid was in Driver's Ed and we had to practice what we preach) and the mirror was blinking like crazy. Would have never seen that one coming ...

This is what worries me about technology like this. So it just alerts you that someone is about to hit you or in your "blind spot"? Doesn't mean the driver will know what to do or where to turn right. To me it just seems like another reason for someone to panic and make matters worse. Kind of like when most poeple hear sirens. They don't know what the hell to do half the time. Also as said before on almost evey vehicle if you adjust your mirrors correctly there is no blind spot. Also if you are truely paying attention and aware of your surroundings you should be able to avoid anything that is avoidable.

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

alex@jdmprestigemotors.com

^^^^exactly. Anytime someone drives my car they complain about my side mirrors and how they can't see the rear passenger door haha. With correctly adjusted side and rear mirrors your only really blind to motorcycles, and maybe an old Mini Cooper or something

I don't know why it amazes me still, but just about everyone I end up behind, I can see there face in their side view, which tell me they have it adjusted to act as an additional rear view.

I don't know why it amazes me still, but just about everyone I end up behind, I can see there face in their side view, which tell me they have it adjusted to act as an additional rear view.

Haha. Awesome. I truly never learned to adjust my mirrors correctly until I took a defensive drivers class after a ticket. Picked this up and a few other great tips. But this is definitely something they didn't teach in drivers Ed 15years ago

Archived