LegacyGT.com

Best thing you've done for your Non-GT legacy.

I just got my 05 2.5i and I'm planning a number of changes. I am interested to know what people with non-GT legacies have done to them. Name the single best thing you've done to your legacy. This can be anything from cosmetic, like a paint job, rims, tires, vanity plates or it can be performance or anything in between. Needless to say, PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. Show off your personalized non-GT.

lol i'm kidding, it was probably coilovers (tein basic):

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/katalyst112/susp/P1020460.jpg

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/katalyst112/P1030656.jpg

probably not the best photo of my car's stance since it's sitting on an incline and the front wheels are turned a bit...

but other than that. it was probably the brakes, cause the oem ones kept sticking when parked in cold or in high humidity, and the pads would leave uneven deposits and cause brake shudder. i upgraded to centric rotors and akebono pads.

then i would say tires, michelin pilot sport all-seasons and bilzzak WS-50s for winter.

Really ??? i was just looking at that yesterday and was wondering ....

for 140$ , its a no brainer right ? haha.

I don't think anyone is going to top the AVO turbo kit :lol:

But by far my most favorite mod ive done to my Leggo is the ETC adjustable throttle controller. It makes the car so much more fun to drive.

Yeah, if mine were to break tomorrow for some reason, I'd order another for the same price without hesitation.

Really ??? i was just looking at that yesterday and was wondering ....

for 140$ , its a no brainer right ? haha.

Agree, dollar-for-dollar the electronic throttle controller has been the best thing.

I too have an '05 2.5i (wagon)-- I've been meaning to put up a post of the changes I've made, which really have made it a lot more fun. If I get time I'll do that later today. Maybe it will give you some inspiration : )

It's hard to decide...

I would say if you have good roads by you then koni inserts with Eibach springs is my favorite. I love this setup driving abywhere but around town. The roads are pretty bad and sometimes it makes me want to switch back to stock :eek:

Next best thing would have to be whiteline offset LCA bushings.

http://img.tapatalk.com/43fd9b9a-8b60-e3d2.jpg

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

^ With your color, setup, and location, if that were my car, I would say getting it professionally detailed was the best thing I've done to my non-GT :wub:

As for me, I'd say suspension overhaul. But that includes many components. So, if I had to choose just 1, I'd have to say my summer tires: Hankook Ventus V12 tires. With them, I can make better use of my upgraded suspension than with my DWS's which have soft sidewalls. I never knew how bad they were until I put the 'Kooks on.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

If it was only one thing, probably the rear sway bar... for a single mod, it was probably the most significant.

Turbo kit (which I don't have) definitely trumps all I'd say but it's relatively $$$.

I've done a bunch of mods and enjoy them all to a large degree. The suspension and tires are probably the most significant in changing the overall feel of the car (Bilsteins/Swifts/Whiteline LCA and rear control arm bushings/F&R sways + 225/45/17 sticky UHP all seasons). Most enjoyable for me is probably the exhaust - wrapped borla reps (bolt-on for '05) with CXLighting CBE with an extra resonator.

Aftermarket ICE including JL Audio stealthbox makes the road trips more enjoyable too...

Lots of smaller touches here and there but those would be the higlights for me.

:D

Disabling the seatbelt chime. I know that's lame.

Not at all. I did the same and it's much better!

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think anyone is going to top the AVO turbo kit :lol:

But by far my most favorite mod ive done to my Leggo is the ETC adjustable throttle controller. It makes the car so much more fun to drive.

where can you buy this?

Thanks

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

Archived