LegacyGT.com

Need help with my HID fogs

imboden

So I tried to put in HID fogs a while ago and it just didn't work. My headlights worked out just great but I think I burnt a fuse putting the fogs in. After my failure I put the stock ones in but they wont turn on now. Also, my headlights only work if I put the switch all the way to foglight. And one of my foglight bulbs looks kinda smokey, not sure if it burnt out from this?

I know this message is messy but I have to leave to work in like 2 minutes and wanted to ask before I go if I could get any help from someone.

Which fuse is for the foglights and why might this have happend? And does anyone have better instructions for the HID foglight install? The headlights were very straightforward and connected right but the fogs are a little different.

Thanks...for some reason mine was pain in the butt. Once the bulb was in place the cap didn't have enough room for it to screw back on, like it was too long or something. Guess I shall try again once I find out if the bulb is burnt or my fuse went the way of the ghost.

Doesn't make sense.

The relay harness will absorb any issues at light startup. If there is a dangerous draw or spike in power it will blow the fuse in the harness and not the one in the car. The whole reason to run the harness is so that you don't damage the stock electrical system.

That sucks .... but it doesn't sound like a fuse problem. If it was you wouldn't get any light. Are you 100% sure of your connection between the HID kit and the lamp assembly??

Yeah, I had it all connected. Even changed connections to see if that was it. Is it the same fuse (in the car) that runs both headlight and fogs? I'm just really confused why the factory fogs don't work now after trying to install the HID kit. And of course the vendor isn't of any help and takes a week to answer a question, ugh.

Archived