9 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in learning to weld?

• Mig
    • Tig
    • Welding?, yes
    • Know how to weld, want more advanced class
    • CNC/Plasma cutting/metal working/etc
    • Where's Southpark?

http://HazardFactory.org in SouthPark, WA has welding classes. As well they can setup customized small classes to teach other techniques.

If interested, reply with what your desires are. If there's enough interest, I'll contact them about classes.

1. Boxkita - Mig & Tig, welding Aluminum & Stainless, other metal working.

2. magnusonsubie - TIG, All metals

3. WesleyCrowbar - everything. Evenings after 6 and weekends

4. MrTris - everything. Evenings or weekend only.

5. MikeZ -

Same. If classes are after 6pm/weekends I'm all in. Mig tig stick aluminum. FYI, I still have access (albeit, now limited) to a waterjet.

Funny how you don't realize what you have until too late. I should have asked for a tour before you left.

Would they do tours or do they have classes? Or only for prospective buyers?

Uh sorry but no.

If you ever suggest I go west and skip the opportunity to drive through the mountains again, we're not friends anymore. :mad:

If you drive out west you might be able to convince Boxkita to sell you the MachV wing that's on the Silver Eagle so he can do more aero stuff :cool:

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

If you drive out west you might be able to convince Boxkita to sell you the MachV wing that's on the Silver Eagle so he can do more aero stuff :cool:

The more studying I do on aerodynamics fir the wagon the less convinced I am that its the ideal solution.

After welding, I need to find a composite fab shop. Keep reading about pre-preg carbon fiber the best parts. Current garage temp would give a goid working time

I can weld, but I want to learn to make them pretty. I really should just buy a welder and practice more.

As my first driving coach said, perfect practice makes perfect. Learning from experts cuts down on the relearning required after practicing bad habits.

I can buy a welder for what my last fabrication bill was. Knowing I need one vs knowing how to use it has kept from impulse purchasing one.

• 2 weeks later...

drove by this place last night to see if they were open. Talk about back-alley. :-)

They have an intro class that I'm not going to be able to make. However, they have a Saturday class going all this month. I'll make time to stop by and have a look.

I saw a truck to which "flares" had been added. More "Mad Max" than flowing lines...

I'll post up details and estimates on class costs after I talk with them.

Archived