LegacyGT.com

2007-2009 Spec.B Production Numbers

I have recently extracted the production numbers for all US market Subarus from roughly 1995-2010. The information comes from the parts lookup program with VIN database that Subaru dealers used.

I figured a good place to start is with production numbers for the 07-09 Spec.B.

Enjoy!

2007 - 450

432 were DGM

16 were BSM (Likely preproduction test or promo cars)

2 were RBP (Likely preproduction test or promo cars)

2008 - 653

380 were DGM

271 were QSM

2 were color code 01W [Premium Red?] (Likely preproduction test or promo cars)

2009 - 112

31 were DGM

28 were QSM

24 were OBP

16 were SWP

13 were RRM

EDIT: As requested, Canadian Spec.B production numbers:

2007 - 139

138 DGM 2007 Canada delivered.

1 BSM 2007 Canada delivered, probably a press car or test car because it's a very early VIN. Produced much earlier than the rest of the 2007 Spec.Bs.

2008 - 78

40 DGM 2008 Canada delivered.

38 QSM 2008 Canada delivered.

2009 - 48

28 SWP 2009 Canada delivered.

20 DGM 2009 Canada delivered.

Edited by Alphius
Add Canada numbers

1/13, woo hoo! I wonder if they're all still on the road?

I don't think they were ever sold, there's no registration records for their VINs on AutoCheck.

autocheck and carfax have an api, so you can query for vin to find out basic details. If it was totaled, the report will tell you (or it used to).

autocheck and carfax have an api, so you can query for vin to find out basic details. If it was totaled, the report will tell you (or it used to).

They tell you how many records there are for a VIN, but any more info and you have to pay. I was curious about the RBP cars, so I ran them and 0 records which means they were never even titled once. NICB has a free check for salvage records, but they have a CAPTCHA so it's one by one and I have no time to run hundreds of Spec.B VINs through just for a guess as to how many were wrecked.

So you're telling me that I have one of 432 cars produced? Wow.

Hey, don't feel too special, my 5-speed GT Limited wagon in OBP with black leather is 1 of 91. :cool:

Very kool. Thanks for finding that.

When I was at the Dealers the other day for the air pump recall, the service writer said we don't see many Spec B's. He said, see, I turned around and there were 5 tech's looking the car over, I had been there about 2 minutes.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, I knew we were rare but didn't realize that rare!

<about to go over 45k miles on my stock '08 Spec.B, lives in the garage most of the time, at this rate I'll keep driving this car for another 20 years until I'm the last one standing :)

Ruby Red Metallic is a great color! It's also the rarest of all Spec.Bs, so don't wreck it. ;)

I had a request for 2007 GT wagons as well, and it turns out that they are almost as rare as 09 Spec.Bs. Pretty cool!

161 2007 GT Wagons

22 OBP w/black interior

17 SWP w/tan interior

47 BSM w/black interior

33 NBP w/tan interior

42 DGM w/black interior

Trust me, I'll be doing my best not to wreck it...haha. I also won't be rolling fenders or putting a giant wing on it, promise.

I've always loved the color and when I saw the black leather and suede inserts, I fell in love. It's an awesome little car.

Ha, I see finally someone figured out the same method I used for 2005 production numbers! :)

Aha, I always wondered where those numbers came from. :lol:

Interestingly enough, my 2005 numbers don't quite agree with yours. They're close on every option combo I check, but not exactly the same.

Aha, I always wondered where those numbers came from. :lol:

Interestingly enough, my 2005 numbers don't quite agree with yours. They're close on every option combo I check, but not exactly the same.

That's weird. Close as in, usually higher or lower? I am pretty sure when I hacked the database it already contained MY2006+ cars, so MY2005 should be complete. For sure it did have MY2006, because I found these two rare bird MY2006 LGT manual wagons - one actually showed up on a market in New Hampshire several years ago. Was a manufacturer car.