LegacyGT.com

Official Suspension FAQ - Swaybars - Struts/Springs - Coilovers - Alignment

If you want WRX springs on your current Outback struts....you just need the top hats.

It will be a crappy setup though. Match the springs with WRX struts as well and you will be happy

+1 to that. With my new wrx suspension, ralitek endlinks, and rear sway my car is a beast in the corners.

O and thaks for the alignment info.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I Donated
Not a problem. The most important thing to remember is to match the numbers from side to side. If there is any cross camber or cross toe, its not good enough. Don't pay until they get it right. Make sure you get a print out of your numbers after they do it as well.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

+1 to that. With my new wrx suspension, ralitek endlinks, and rear sway my car is a beast in the corners.

O and thaks for the alignment info.

You bet all the suspension stuff helps.

I now have 04 STI struts and springs. 22-25 Rear sway bar. 25 Tribeca front bar.

Solid endlinks all around.

It is NIGHT and DAY difference from the WRX strut to the STI strut.

I now have 04 STI struts and springs. 22-25 Rear sway bar. 25 Tribeca front bar.

Heck yes im sure it is! I would love to have STi suspension. My legacy is my snowmobile. I have oversized snow tires on it so I cant lose any heights. Thats why I went with the wrx suspension. Its from an 07 wrx. I would like to put aftermarket struts on it when these get old.

Do think I would lose some of my neutral feel in handling if I got a front sway bar?

• 3 weeks later...
Hmmmm it seems no one makes a dedicated coilover set for 3rd gens that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I know 02-07 wrx/legacy fronts will work with 4th gen legacy rears.. is the best way to go just piece it together?

• 2 weeks later...
  • I Donated
when I went to put WRX tophats in the rear of my 95 BD the bolt spacing was different. Has anyone else run into this issue?

If they were from a 06 WRX they will fit. You got different suspension my friend. Get your money back

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

If they were from a 06 WRX they will fit. You got different suspension my friend. Get your money back

I didn't pay for them so I am not too worried. It is weird that they didn't want to mount up correctly. I just double checked the KYB online catalog and it shows the same top hats for my 95 and an 02-07 Impreza so they should be the same. I will give it another shot and hopefully it works, if not I will just blow up this damn car :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

what kind of rear 22-25 sway bar do you have? ....the tribeca 25 fits a 2nd gen front??