LegacyGT.com

Sway Bar Bushes

PhilT

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Energy suspension makes them... i used the part numbers for their catalog and ordered the proper bushing off ebay or pepboys.com (if you use pepboys, you have to use the energy part number to find the product... their website is teh suck).

PS I have Energy Suspension bushings front and rear for my cusco sways (also f & r). If they had a greasable one for the rear bushings, i would totally get it.... squeeeak squeeaaak ;D

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Energy suspension makes them... i used the part numbers for their catalog and ordered the proper bushing off ebay or pepboys.com (if you use pepboys, you have to use the energy part number to find the product... their website is teh suck).

PS I have Energy Suspension bushings front and rear for my cusco sways (also f & r). If they had a greasable one for the rear bushings, i would totally get it.... squeeeak squeeaaak ;D

Mike

Great link, thanks.

The bushings look like are one piece items though, did you get them to slide all the way on, or did you cut them to fit ?

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html

off that, i ordered

9.5127 and

Just search the part numbers if you choose to order from pepboys.com

Mike

in retrospect, i might have gotten the corresponding greaseable ones.... however, only my rears squeak... fronts are good and have no problems.

MIke

I never had clunks before :), so i can't really answer that question.

The one clunk i've had was from one of the strut top nuts coming a bit loose shortly after installation. retightening that solved my clunk issues.

I also did the rubber hose + hose clamp trick to keep the front sway bar from swinging left to right... Think the whiteline locking brackets, but homemade.

Mike

Thanks, now these part numbers don't come up on the pepboys.com search???

Damn, my bad on that... i guess pepboys.com no longer carries them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Universal-Sway-Bar-Bushings-21mm-95125-9-5125_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33583QQihZ019QQitemZ7967220672QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Universal-Sway-Bar-Bushings-23mm-95127-9-5127_W0QQitemZ7967220685QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33583QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

The ebay place that I ordered some for a friend.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Deer Killer said that his cusco bushings had a lot of slop in them and that's what caused his to clunk. I think he used cut up a garage door seal to fill the gap.

Mine doesn't clunk but I'm going to have to bookmark this... good info.

Holy EFFIN WOW!

I have a brand new car again! The clunk had gotten so bad, but my mechanic said I had trashed my springs. The car has never ridden so EFFIN good. ANYONE with Cuscos better grab these...the clunk is gone!!!!

so are the previous listed part numbers correct? vendor, cost? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

It's kinda hard to tell from the pictures but the fronts were worn very badly. Both holes were oblong in shaped and one of them were worn to 1/32" at the front edge. Attached are the pics of one o=f the bushings and the boxes with the correct part numbers. I did the Ebay thing and cost came out to about $40. If you can find a local shop, you may save a little more. The install took less than an hour including setup and clean up. You don't even have to pull the end links off to do it. Simply loosen (remove) the existing busings and mounts and replace.

If you suffer from the "Cusco Clunk", put these babies in.

Edit: If you can't tell from the pics, These are Energy Suspension part numbers 9512.5 and 9512.7 for 21mm and 23mm bars.

P1010047.JPG.ab2caebc3151b7372cd5d258dfa263c9.JPG

P1010044.JPG.31af6aec651130fb703a88f8cb4d99f3.JPG

Archived