LegacyGT.com

New to this forum, just bought a 2005 Legacy 2.5GT Limited wagon. A manual too, which I'm stoked about!! But..

I was in a sticky situation because they only had the car for a day or two before I purchased it, so it was not looked at. The place I bought it at was a very small, LLC dealership, so they gave me their mechanic's name who is a Subaru lover and works on them all day everyday.

I took it in and the radiator needed to be replace asap and they did just that and I was good to go.

But now, my car has been loosing a lot of power and check engine light is now on. I took it to an auto store and ran it and it said a misfire in cylinder 3.

I'm taking it back to the mechanic to get it fixed and am currently not driving it because it is a bad julting/studdering feeling.

Was this car a bad purchase? Is it worth saving, it is starting to feel like problem after problem? :(

We need more history on the car, if you have it.

common problems, leaking gas line clamps under the intake manifold when it's below 20*F, ttighten up the clamps if the intake is off the car.

the 4 o-rings between the intake manifold and TGV's should be replaced with the newer larger orange ones. The oem ones leak when it's cold.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...

Archived