LegacyGT.com

Subaru AWD vs. competitors

Thought this was pretty cool. They don't have a SH-AWD Honda to compare to but if you search other videos it would seem to be pared well against the Subi.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooQRxlChvMw]Subaru AWD vs. competitors - YouTube[/ame]

i like how he says it climbes because the symitrical awd .. its because the abs is applying the brakes to the spining wheel.

Yeah, but the point for me was that it does a great job directing the power to event a single wheel with grip.

Subi should be doing more to sell folks on their AWD platforms.

^ whats so good aboot quattro ?

I preferred the way my wife's Audi handled to the way our Subaru does in slick conditions.

Don't get me wrong, I like how the Subaru handles, but I think the Audi was a little better.

Very boring naration, but cool experiements nonetheless.

They're skerrd to compare it to quattro...

Audi does this kind of comparison too. I've not seen them include Subaru in theirs. Are they skerrd?

I preferred the way my wife's Audi handled to the way our Subaru does in slick conditions.

Don't get me wrong, I like how the Subaru handles, but I think the Audi was a little better.

why ? cuz the audi just spins the front wheels and doesn't tend to oversteer ?

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Audi does this kind of comparison too. I've not seen them include Subaru in theirs. Are they skerrd?

Very well could be, lol.

The few Audis I've driven were phenominal performers. I once launched a B5 S4 from a gravel pit and it took of like it was on dry pavement. I don't know how, but it did.

Very well could be, lol.

The few Audis I've driven were phenominal performers. I once launched a B5 S4 from a gravel pit and it took of like it was on dry pavement. I don't know how, but it did.

This was when Audi used the "real" Quattro AWD system. It had three Torsen differentials (all you Subaru guys who try and claim our system is so much better than Quattro should realize no Subaru uses three LSDs except for the STI now). Audi dropped this system in 1995 in favor of open front and rear differentials utilizing an ELSD/eDiff. Some Audi sport models use a torque-vectoring rear LSD though, which was introduced sometime during the B7 S4's run; I just can't remember the exact year.

why ? cuz the audi just spins the front wheels and doesn't tend to oversteer ?

Drive a newer sport model Audi (something from the S or RS line) and you'll find understeer has been reduced, it's null now. Subaru also spins the front wheels, or should I say wheel. When my LGT was stuck in the snow people kept asking me, "is this thing even AWD, why is only one front wheel spinning?" At which point I had to explain that our cars have an open front differential.

Archived