LegacyGT.com

Stage 1 problems

battelready

I upgraded to cobb stage 1 the other day and like many before have fallen prey to the rough idle and stalling. I cleaned the MAF and checked for boost and vac leaks. I remedied, for the most, part the rough idle by replacing the AEM filter for a filter one. But i still occasionally stall while reversing. I also have this hesitation or stutter you can call it at 1500 rpm. Ill throw up some logs latter to see if someone can help me out here. Btw its a AT and the problem, minus the hesitation, is not as bad when the 91 octane map is flashed.

edit 1: Stock everything beside up pipe , downpipe and cat back.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

The way I read what you wrote, you have an aftermarket UP, DP & cat back? The DP puts you at Stage 2, not Stage 1.

Yup, but would that make that much of a problem considering I've seen alot of people on the forums with similar setups running stage 1 fine.

My high mileage turd.

why on earth are you running stage 1 with stage 2 parts???

I bought the car with mods on it and just got the cobb the other day. I was waiting on the bulletproof mod to become available so i threw on the stage 1 map to see how it would go .

My high mileage turd.

You need a stage 2 tune from Cobb!

Running an aftermarket DP will make you overboost, as your seeing, and you fuel and timing wont be adjusted for the extra load!

Though initially after flashing stage 2 it ran almost perfectly minus the stutter at 1500 , it went back to how it was with stage 1 and this morning i stalled twice trying to reverse. I noticed after resetting the esu it stays within the the acceptable a/f ratio but once driving the whole day it goes to like +15/-17. Because this is my daily i threw the stock map back on because i cant exactly be stalling in a parking lot.

datalog2.csv

My high mileage turd.

Ill contact cobb about it , if anything ill try to come up with some money and get it tuned either through e-tune or EFI down in CT.

My high mileage turd.

From my understanding those numbers indicate a leak. Pre turbo. Correct me if I am wrong.

This is highly likely because , in my infinite stupidity, i bottomed out my car and ripped of my exhaust via the two bolts in the center causing a leak to develop in the stock uppipe. This could have also created a gap where the turbo bolts up to either to the up or down pipe. Anyways ill have it checked out by my brother who owns a shop that specializes in subarus.

My high mileage turd.

This is highly likely because , in my infinite stupidity, i bottomed out my car and ripped of my exhaust via the two bolts in the center causing a leak to develop in the stock uppipe. This could have also created a gap where the turbo bolts up to either to the up or down pipe. Anyways ill have it checked out by my brother who owns a shop that specializes in subarus.

Brother owns a Subaru shop, still goes to the internet for help anyway.

There's a meme to be made here, I just know it.

Brother owns a Subaru shop, still goes to the internet for help anyway.

There's a meme to be made here, I just know it.

Lol , I thought I would be independent for a change.

My high mileage turd.

Ill contact cobb about it , if anything ill try to come up with some money and get it tuned either through e-tune or EFI down in CT.

Cobb Stage 2 works just about all of the cars that try it. You already paid a lot of money for it, might as well just stick to it.

Don't get me wrong, e-Tune or a local tuner will get you a much more catered tune for your car, but then you might as well go with Tactrix and save $500.

It sounds like you have a mechanical issues though, post up some learning views. You need to drive the car for a bit after resetting the ecu (reflash resets ecu).

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Holy crap OP, stop messing around with things and do things the right way. Your map is supposed to match your parts. You can't just willy nilly blindly throw on whatever map you feel like going with.

Stock map for stock parts.

Stage 1 map for stock parts.

Stage 2 map for stage 2 parts.

Holy crap OP, stop messing around with things and do things the right way. Your map is supposed to match your parts. You can't just willy nilly blindly throw on whatever map you feel like going with.

Stock map for stock parts.

Stage 1 map for stock parts.

Stage 2 map for stage 2 parts.

Its been on stage 2 since covert told me too. Ive been trying to locate a leak but so far the up and down pipe show no signs , the intake looks good, and all the boost and vac line are firmly in place. Next step would be to use a smoke machine to really make sure.

My high mileage turd.

What iNVAR means is, you can't run your aftermarket downpipe with stock map or Stage 1 map. Well you can run it, it's just your engine will knock itself to death from overboosting, overtiming and under fueling.

What makes you think you have a leak btw?

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

What iNVAR means is, you can't run your aftermarket downpipe with stock map or Stage 1 map. Well you can run it, it's just your engine will knock itself to death from overboosting, overtiming and under fueling.

What makes you think you have a leak btw?

Some of the users suggested it might be from the logs but after extensive inspection there isnt any. Since mother nature decided it wanted to dump snow here i haven't been able to drive much to log. I noticed a couple things though. Every start cycle it runs differently, one may be good while the other shakey. Also , i had the block transplanted from a sti my brother owned. When i drove that sti it had a very similar shake on idle. But that block had been rebuilt with brand new pistons cams etc along with the being re-honed. Honestly everything mechanically looks fine and perhaps the NY weather is messing with it.

My high mileage turd.

Archived