LegacyGT.com

What are the best floor mats, best looking, best use.

What are the best looking / most useful floor mats you can find for your 4th gen legacy? Also what floor mats are you using?

I have some garbage mats that I received with the car, I'm really wanting some Rubber / carpet mats.

I've had Oem all weathers in all three of the leggies we've had. The 5eat has had the same set for 8 ys with no issues. My Specb had a bit of heal wear at 20-25k ish. Certainly tolerable though.

I have WeatherTechs in the front now. They are great but I think I actually like the look of the Oem all weathers better. I will say WeatherTechs customer service is great!!

The weather tech rears are a bit too much IMO.

I found these but I don't think there is a hole for the peg to go through. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-2009-Su...-/200921512769

I also found this, but 90 bucks seems kind of excessive for carpet mats, even if they are custom http://www.qualitycarmats.com/FloorM...5012.1&__utmx=

Also, these are EXACTLY what i'm looking for right now, if anyone knows how I can get my hands on some. http://www.everythingsuv.com/weathertech_advantage_floormats-esuv.asp

I have had many sets of Weathertechs..... great stuff.

On the 06 LGT 5MT I previously had, I spring for the digital fits (the rear one goes across the hump too), and my only gripe was that I had to make a little cut-out near the clutch pedal, as it would interfere a tiny bit which I didn't like. When we traded in the 5MT car, I gave them to my friend who had the same car but 5EAT.... here we are 4 years later I bought the 5EAT car with a blown motor and I have those mats back, plus they had the OEM rubber set also.... so I have both, probably need to pick one and sell the other.

http://www.weathertech.com/

The regular Weathertech ones that you can trim to fit (normally $90-110 shipped), work great too. Just put a set in my wife's car.

In my experience if you want to use cheaper mats (the $25-45 auto parts store, online, walmart ones), you really need to measure the drivers one first really well before you buy them to make sure it doesn't bunch up, and see if it has holes for trhe hooks, albeit you can always punch holes in them yourself.

I actually thought the OEM cleaned up better. My weather techs are pretty dull, and they're only a yr old

Really? Even with all those grooves? I cleaned my Weathertech's recently with some Simple Green and a scrub brush and they looked new again.

Another reason why I like the WT better than the OEM all weather's is you actually get a little more leg room with them. The WT are thin and sit flush to carpet, where the OEM are .5 -.75" thick.

Really? Even with all those grooves? I cleaned my Weathertech's recently with some Simple Green and a scrub brush and they looked new again.

Another reason why I like the WT better than the OEM all weather's is you actually get a little more leg room with them. The WT are thin and sit flush to carpet, where the OEM are .5 -.75" thick.

I would just lay them on the concrete or black top... Hit them with he srcrub brush and car wash bucket (at the end of the car wash of course)... and let them air dry... near perfect.

I do the same thing with the weather tech's, and they have a dirt 'fade' to them. I tried the power washer too. They also pick up EVERY foot print that seemingly touches them. As far as fitment goes, they are spot on. However the 'side walls' tend to be a bit wavy here and there. WT told me to heat them up with a heatgun to get them right..

I dunno... they're just damn mats. lol

Bang for the buck, I agree, OEM all the way.

This thread is about what mats are best. That is Weathertech, all the way.

Another great thing about Weathertech is they come up the transmission hump far enough to cover up the wear on my carpet from my right foot. I though that was pretty cool.

Archived