LegacyGT.com

wtb: 2.5l engine for a 98 legacy gt

• I Donated
cant im pooooooor lol:spin:

there is another member on here that has bought like 6 different junk Subarus and Frankenstiened a super junker Subaru out of the 6. Maybe you can do that! lol

Seriously, why do you need a new engine?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

The 2.5 does have a little more pep to it.

What do you mean you "blew" it? Spun a rod bearing, blew a hole in the side of the block, blah blah blah blah. You may be able to fix it for cheaper then you can replace it

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

blown as in my brother neglected the oil change and the engine is now bad to rebuild is 2400 where as a replacement is 1600 but that still not my budget which is 1 grand oe at least 1300 or lower anybody have a hook up

i understand your desire to stay with the ej25, but any engine you find in your price range will likely need head gaskets , or have bent valves from a busted timing belt. making it more expensive to install.

but a low mileage ej22 can be installed with all new timing components and seals for less than $1200. much less if you do the labor your self.

given your financial situation this may be your best bet to get your car back on the road.

did you look here?

http://www.car-part.com

Subaru EJ20 JDM turbo engine dose it fit in a 98 legacy with out having to change the harness and dose anyone know how much extra it would be for the mounts and brackets if they are needed and also dose the 98 legacy have the same ecu?

Subaru EJ20 JDM turbo engine dose it fit in a 98 legacy with out having to change the harness and dose anyone know how much extra it would be for the mounts and brackets if they are needed and also dose the 98 legacy have the same ecu?
i dont believe its plug and play but check the turbo sticky http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/second-generation-legacy-turbo-faq-159227.html

if the ej20 engine is the same year group, it will bolt in and could be made to work with the right ecu and wiring harness. but the crossmember and the exhaust will have to be changed at the very least. this means with enough money and time you can do it.

i met a guy who put a WRX turbo engine in a 95 impreza sport wagon. and then swapped in a dual range 5 speed trans out of an 80s gl. his son was running 26 lbs of boost before he blew it up.

• I Donated
if the ej20 engine is the same year group, it will bolt in and could be made to work with the right ecu and wiring harness.

any EJ series engine from any year will bolt right up with the appropriate subframe / cradle. Twin turbo engines can be used, however they must be converted to single turbo. For the use of another Subaru ECU and wiring harness, you have to splice your stock Legacy harness together with your new one.

Like its been said above, read the turbo stick. Any info you want to know is in there. If there are any questions you still, I'll be more then happy to answer them

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated
There is a little more to it then just dropping in the engine lol. And yes, the EJ20K will fit if you replace your stock Legacy subframe/cradle with a WRX one

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived