LegacyGT.com

Best way to clean btwn seat and console???

GEE-OTTO

So this morning I get in my car and slip on ice and my smoothie fallout of my hand and spills in my driver seat and down the crack btwn the seat and the armrest?

No Im pissed b/c it was banana and strawberry and it smell all weird. My first thought is to remove the seat so i can scrub the carpet thoroughly and the same with the seat. However the seat belt receiver the thing it clicks into got complete soaked in the stuff is there a way to clean that ?? Unbolt and soak in water ? buy a new one?

I never have had this happen and my car has black interior and is otherwise flawless so I am mad that resale could be affected by this :mad:

Ant help would be great

Look my interior was flawless I can't stress that enough! And i know a godo interior coupled with good exterior and maintenance records = good resell potential :)

I think i am going to get Resolve carpet cleaner, a bucket of hot water, and a shop vac, take out my seat and scrub and extract the gunk let that dry then reverse .

Unbolting the seat is easy, getting all the electrical connectors apart can be annoying and you have to be very careful when removing the seat from the car you do not damage the leather on the car, or the plastic trim with the seat tracks. As far as the seatbelt receiver, I've never looked at them, I'd just see if I could take it apart and have a replacement priced out.

My dog barfed in the back seat of my car on Monday. I would kill for my car to smell like banana-strawberry right now. How hard is it to pull out the back seat on an '02 Legacy? I have carpet-cleanered the "area" three times now. It smells like barf still. Any recommendations besides getting a new seat and/or seat covers to prevent this in the future?

Ohk where can i buy the ENTIRE replacement interior carpet??? This stuff has soaked in and rotted! and smells like pure SHIT! I am a firm believer in "money solves problems" so im sure it will solve this one. Is there a place to buy replacement stock molded carpet other that the dealer? If not I will go to the dealer.

LOL dog barf the rear seat is easy to yank out two bolt and it pops out

Pull the seat out and start cleaning. taking the seat out is cake.

This^^^^^ but you may be able to just unbolt it and move it to the side. The airbag connectors can be a PITA to get apart, then if you route the wires incorrectly it will damage them when you move the seat fore and aft. I know from experience. :rolleyes:

My dog barfed in the back seat of my car on Monday. I would kill for my car to smell like banana-strawberry right now. How hard is it to pull out the back seat on an '02 Legacy? I have carpet-cleanered the "area" three times now. It smells like barf still. Any recommendations besides getting a new seat and/or seat covers to prevent this in the future?

I had a similar problem on my truck, barfed and blew projectile poop everywhere. I took the seats out, too the covers off and washed them in the washer on gentile. AIR DRY!!!, no dryer. Try and reinstall when they are still damp, it will let you strech the fabric easier. PM me if you need help with it.

I can't imagine how bad the resale value is now that he has banana strawberry in the crack.

Banana isn't that bad even in the form of banana puke. My daughter puked in the back seat after eating banana. A sort of nauseatingly sweet puke. "Interesting," I thought and made marketed a candle fragrance of the smell. I've made millions from it.

But I can see how the strawberry might kibosh that.

@GTTuner

Will the Stock Seat covers come off ??? If so i would like to wash them and put them back on slightly damp. Ive done this with my couch cushions so I understand the concept. That damn smoothie smeared up the back of my clothes and on the seat:mad: So my cover is all hazy now :lol: Do the covers lock into seams with a stitch lock?? I know on my Grand Am GT it was a plastic bar that slide and locked the stitches together. So I wonder if something similar is present on the legacy?

Update guys:

Got the seats out (yes there was gunk on both sides) it wasn't difficult at all got the connectors apart and found the blight LOL. Used some Resolve High Traffic Foaming spray, a coarse bristle brush, hot water and a shop vac. Put hot water down to soften things up, then foamed it and scrubbed the HELL out of it. Then vacuumed the areas.

WOW! looks like it did from the factory and before this spill occurred. I am now happy again I have perfect interior and resale won't be affected :) (b/c all buyers check btwn the seat and console and under each seat right ? :lol:)

• 1 year later...

So a human vom'd in my car :eek: Let me tell you Margarita and pizza is a terrible smell so I used this:

http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pPETS-10375256t300x300.jpg

WOW! the Enzyme based cleaner is the ticket if you ever have a biological spill in your Legacy use this. I spent 2 hours getting all the vom out with baking soda and warm water then blotted that dry and sprayed all the affected areas with this stuff and I cant tell that 20 hours earlier puke was freely flowing about my interior :lol:

Archived