LegacyGT.com

BASIC question - Stock Sub Stereo CD

Buff4lo

The stock stereo and CD player in our 93 Legacy has just quit working. I actually think the CD player is functional and I'd have to check the lights but definately the amp/radio are not working as there is no sound.

I've checked the fuses on the drivers kick panel and all seem okay. Is there an inline fuse or other fuse, etc. behind the dash/stereo that could be bad?

Is there a factory replacement out of newer Subaru that I can just plug in - easier to find than the '93 vintage?

Last stereo I worked on was in a 90 legacy and that memory is gone - wow do you remove/repair/replace the stereo in a 19993 Subaru Legacy wagon?

Thanks

I don't think any other models of Subaru radio will fit since the unit is 1.5 din.

I've actually got the radio out of my old '93 Legacy wagon in my basement that I'll sell you real cheap if you can't find another solution.

Check the clock fuse under the hood.

You could fit a double-DIN if you lose the OEM pocket (and replace with a half-DIN blank panel or cubby.

Or go to a single-DIN aftermarket (again with a half-DIN blank or cubby). Might be easier and cheaper than another OEM 1.5-DIN.

Archived