LegacyGT.com

OMG, carbon fiber lid............

now that my car has been rear ended, im may now be able to afford the sporty new addition from RRev:wub::spin::eek:. i have so just peed myself with excitement over this lil jimmy! sweet products in the carbon family keep poppin outta this vendor! now, if i can just get that insurance check, this lil darlin will be bolted up asap!

people have said that this car is not a CF kind of car.

I was inclined to agree.

But honestly the beauty of this car is you can do whatever you want with it. if you want it to look all crazy aeroed out and stuff.. you can.

it wont look bad either... if i wasnt trying to pay off my second car i'd order the trunk lid right now to mount a wing on :p

car for sale. PM me!

no wing, but the carbon look against my RBP wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb or some eurotrash transporter IMO. could possibly, depending upon carbon used, blend itself within the color at a distance, only giving itself away with direct sunlight or approaching the car. mind you, i certainly am not lookign to stand out in a crowd, hence the laid back leggy with subtle upgrades and mods.

also been looking for a way to do away with my factory lid that was spoil'ered before i bought it. i prefer the modest lip on the lid more so than the factory spoiler that is on there now. this just posses a win win for me at this point when factoring in the above.

so. 2.5is have steel hoods?

I really dont think you're going to get any performance edge from a CF hood even if it is steel. (GT hoods are aluminum and weigh NOTHING.)

maybe use insurance to pay for a stocker and use the extra money to do some performance mods or something? I find the suspension in the 2.5i to be a little soft.. maybe a GT/spec B upgrade would be in order.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

na, i understand there's no gain, other than appearance for the trunk lid (carbon). i just thought i could kill two birds (sort of) with one stone by dropping the OEM gate w attached spoiler and bolting on the carbon lid, aty hopefully no additional cost to me during the repair process. im slowly running out of suspension mods, shy of going full coilover, upgrades. but, theres always something that can be added, replaced, or upgraded.

ah, hrmm, well I dunno if the trunk lids stock are aluminum are they? You may actually shave some weight with that.

I cant say i've ever seen a CF trunk tho?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

RRev says the OEM trunk is 28 lbs compared to 10 for the carbon piece. As far as price is concerned, the carbon trunk is maybe $100-125 more than an OEM metal lid. I'm interested because 1, I hate the OEM spoiler. 2, I like the bragging rights and before any asks, if I do it it WILL be painted. And 3, the paint underneath and around the spoiler is kinda crappy on mine.:rolleyes:

you couldn't tell the hood was aluminum when you open it?

try opening a 3.0R hood.. its like picking up a smartcar.

that much ligther eh?hrmm, well if its painted that might be a good thing.. I know I wanted the oem spoiler when I got the car.. but now I'd prefer a lip spoiler.

What is the block made out of? And I had a feeling the hood was, but didn't know until now...

Aluminum block. Transmission housing is aluminum. ABS control block is aluminum. I can keep going...

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

also been looking for a way to do away with my factory lid that was spoil'ered before i bought it. i prefer the modest lip on the lid more so than the factory spoiler that is on there now. this just posses a win win for me at this point when factoring in the above.

I was thinking the same thought about mine...

Plus R-Rev said the trunk weighed almost 20lbs less than the stocker!

R-Rev posted pics of the trunk on his car up on his website. Fits his car, I'm meeting with him on Thursday nite to make sure it fits 08's and up. I dont think there is a difference in trunks between 05-07 and 08 -09 but we are ganna check to be sure. He says he only has 1 right now!

Aluminum block. Transmission housing is aluminum. ABS control block is aluminum. I can keep going...

I'm sorry this is off topic (kinda, weight savings...) but please keep going, that's awesome I had no idea that the car had so much aluminum, I guess that explains why my car weighed in at 3460 with a half a tank...

I'm sorry this is off topic (kinda, weight savings...) but please keep going, that's awesome I had no idea that the car had so much aluminum, I guess that explains why my car weighed in at 3460 with a half a tank...

3460, eh? Mine drives like it's MUCH heavier than that...

Archived