LegacyGT.com

Going to be doing an engine swap

I'm going to be changing my engine in a couple weeks (spun bearing) but I was wondering what I should be doing to help the engine last? I know I'm going to be changing all fluids, motor mounts, spark plugs and wires, and timing belt. If anyone has other thoughts to what I should also do, let me know :)

P.s: I will add pictures of my operation

Make sure to break it in properly, check and change the oil regularly...religiously. You may want to invest in some tohyo roki oil filters, but thats not a requirement. Use a high quality motor oil, Rotella T6 is recommended for the turbo application; I don't know if its necessary for the 2.5i.

Are you having your engine rebuilt or buying a new block? How many miles are on the current engine? I'd recommend changing the water pump if your new engine doesn't come with one.

Make sure to break it in properly, check and change the oil regularly...religiously. You may want to invest in some tohyo roki oil filters, but thats not a requirement. Use a high quality motor oil, Rotella T6 is recommended for the turbo application; I don't know if its necessary for the 2.5i.

Are you having your engine rebuilt or buying a new block? How many miles are on the current engine? I'd recommend changing the water pump if your new engine doesn't come with one.

Yeah im going high quality everything from oil to filters. wont have a turbo so im not worried about that. I'm buying a rebuilt motor. My friend is a mechanic, I'm going to have him double check over everything, but from what I saw it looks good to go. Current engine has about 102000.

Archived