LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2014 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?

• Today, whatever day it is.
    • September 1st, 2013
    • December 1st, 2013
    • March 1st, 2014
    • NEVAR! To avoid the disappointment...

Yup... it's that time again!!!!!! :lol:

Here's my take so far: 4 Wheels, 4 Doors, nothing new but an additonal speaker or two and possibly a tailight refresh. Why? Because.

Engage...

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would imagine it is going to look like the concept car that they had at the shows this year. Based on the write-up in Road and Track (see below) they were talking about a 3.6, but my bet would be on 2.0L DIT with a CVT

Subaru may be pulling out of the World Rally Championship, but the Japanese company is keeping busy developing future production cars, as this Legacy Concept from the Detroit show proves.

Do you like what you see? We do. This racier-looking Legacy remains a 4-door sports sedan, an all-wheel-driver powered by a 3.6-liter flat-6 boxer engine that provides the car with a distinctive growl while helping to lower the center of gravity for improved handling.

The exterior of the Legacy Concept has a theme that Subaru calls "Presence." To that end, the Legacy Concept has a strong front design dominated by a grille with Subaru's wing motif. Around the side, dramatic wheel arches highlight the dynamism of the car's all-wheel-drive system, while design lines that flow from the hood to the roof and trunk accentuate the increased mass of the car. In addition to larger door openings for easier ingress/egress, the Legacy Concept also has side rear vision cameras.

Subaru chose "High Definition" as the interior theme of the 4-seat Legacy Concept. As such, this global mid-size sedan has an expansive feel with lots of leg room. Pearl White leather with a blue sheen covers the seats, with black metallic leather on the door panels providing a nice contrast. The center console captures lots of attention with its cylindrical shape, not to mention its large touch-panel display.

Subaru says this concept strongly suggests the styling direction of the 2010 Legacy, which will continue to be built at Subaru plants in Gunman, Japan, and in Lafayette, Indiana. For the record, some 3.6 million Legacy models have been built since 1989, the year of its inception, and the U.S. accounts for 43 percent of the production volume.

More pictures etc avail on Road & Track: http://www.roadandtrack.com/photos-subaru-legacy-concept#slide-1

subaru_legacy_concept_-_image_001.jpg.dd1b6bf491aeaf080bf6ddbb905d953b.jpg

Interesting flashback. ^^^ The concept most of us loved turned into the production model most of us hated. Hopefully they won't do that again.

For 2014: They'll add a few cheap touches to make it unique, but then make it a short model year to make way for the 2015 redesign.

Diesel with CVT...

I can't remember where, I think it was an interview video on the web, but basically, that's not happening anytime soon.

Which we all know is a huge mistake. VW TDIs are selling really well.

Bring in at least a Outback and Forest Diesel and they would sell everyone they made.

That ^^^ seems to be a different front end from the main pic on that page:

http://www.inautonews.com/wp-content/uploads/yapb_cache/subaru_viviz_concept.dy32j1u6abk0gws44g480gggc.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg

The main pic seems more concept-ish, whereas Picky1's pic looks more production-ish,

Also, picky's picture is an older version of the tourer concept. It has since been updated as the "advanced" tourer.

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Subaru-Advanced_Tourer_Concept_2011_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hate how companies create all these awesome renders, yet the final production model is dull and boring... One of these big car companies need to jump the gun and beat all the other companies at their game and create something out of this world. Sadly this will never happen, companies are too focused on milking the market of their money with stupid pre/post facelifts, "updates" and reducing "costs" to creating bigger margins putting a smile on shareholder's faces.

This isn't just car companies we're talking about.. any company, take Apple as an example. Im just quite frankly sick of it. GIVE ME A GOD DAM ALIEN SPACE SHIP LOOKING LIBERTY/LEGACY, FARK!

They create a lot of renderings, then they drop a few and see what the opinion is on them and then they go ahead. Unfortunately they look more at what magazines writes than what people say on the forums and comment. But it may change.
453747.png

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!! B4!!! :D:lol:

Glad this one is actually developing into things I have not seen yet. I did not know about the Geneva update. Looking forward to seeing where the 6th Gen goes. God knows I want a Tesla Model S but I think a 6th Gen will have to do. :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived