LegacyGT.com

Legacy Misaligned Cargo Door (Wagon)

Had some scraping from the spoiler against the roof so took the car in for service. They adjusted the spoiler to eliminate the scraping. However, upon closer inspection, it appears that the cargo door is slightly out of alignment. The "gap" between the door and the rear quarter-panel on the right is narrower than that on the left. The service manager said that this is a "production problem" and that there is nothing he can do about it. Cosmetically, it is very minor. I have not had the car long enough to know if there would be any leakage because of this, but am concerned about this getting worse over time. Take a close look at the alignment of your wagon door. Does anyone else have this issue? I would really like to know. Thanks, R.

I would highly suggest you go to the Edmunds.com forums, go to the Subaru forums, Subaru-Related, Subaru Crew: Official SOA Presence (aka Patti). She is SoA's official presence on there and she deals with customer relations/service. Let her know of your problem and she should be able to at the very least look into it. I hope she can help you. :)

Archived