LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Audio/Video Clip Compilation Thread - 2.5i Edition

I have a 2012 NA Legacy 2.5i where are you all buying these aftermarket exhausts? Can anyone please post some links as to where to get them...Thanks!!

There is a FAQ at the top if this particular forum listing hat gives a lot of info with links and such. Also, if you are in the New England area, there are a series of shops called Lou's Custom that specialize in exhaust systems. You pick your muffler brand and the tips for your muffler. They even do dual if your car can support it (which I think the 2012's can ;)) The whole process takes around 2 hours or so and around $500 or so. If you don't live in the Northeast, then I suggest looking around. You may find an alternative.

Also, there is an exhaust topic listing on the main page...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for being a NOOB, but I've been looking for the axle-back seen here ([ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd872xdTYr8&feature=player_embedded]X02 on 2.5i Legacy - YouTube[/ame]) on the interwebs, and can't seem to find them for sale anywhere for my 2009 2.5i (as well as the XO2 axle-backs). The sound that they put out seem to be pretty sweet! I'd like to start pricing stuff out so I can start saving for a set.

Thanks Guys

• 1 month later...
$650 is actually the lowest I've seen. Most vendors sell them for $699. I got lucky and bought them used locally for $350, but had to pay an exhaust shop to weld them on because the previous owner chopped the flanges off for some reason... With most, if not all car modifications, you get what you pay for. The AVO units are high-quality resonated mufflers, shine beautifully, and will not rust like the cheap stuff on eBay. The tone is deep and the perfect volume for a daily driver.

$650 is actually the lowest I've seen. Most vendors sell them for $699. I got lucky and bought them used locally for $350, but had to pay an exhaust shop to weld them on because the previous owner chopped the flanges off for some reason... With most, if not all car modifications, you get what you pay for. The AVO units are high-quality resonated mufflers, shine beautifully, and will not rust like the cheap stuff on eBay. The tone is deep and the perfect volume for a daily driver.

They sell as fast as they are posted used... been looking for some used for awhile now...

Just might have to break the bank and buy new.

Like he said. I got a AVO CBE , and its perfect !

• 2 weeks later...

Do cat back exhausts for legacy GT's fit 2.5i's I can't find this answer anywhere it seems like they have the same bends as the stock legacy 2.5i but I'm not sure if the flanges match up or the length of the exhaust is different

Any help woul be great

Thanks! so for instance would this ----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-STEEL-DUAL-MUFFLER-CATBACK-CAT-BACK-EXHAUST-SUBARU-LEGACY-TURBO-2-5L-/180912280940?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1f36556c&vxp=mtr#ht_3991wt_1396

Exhaust be OK for my car? I'm only looking for some noise and a little bit of power and not looking to spend much (i refuse to do the hogzaust)

Yea, if it fits an 05-09 LGT, it should fit 06-09 2.5i. Again, be aware you that will lose low-end power. Also, eBay stuff is known to rust pretty quickly. You get what you pay for.

Yea, the low-rev range you mainly use for daily driving. If I were you, Id get a set of decent universal mufflers e.g. Magnaflow or Vibrant Performance and then to go a reputable exhaust shop to make a custom axle-back. You might pay a bit more, but you won't lose power, get the sound you want, and they won't rust.

Just something to think about ;-)

Hey Manchito,

Do you happen to have any audio clips of your setup?

i have a crappy cellphone record , but it doesn't deserve to be posted .

I will soon grab an hd camera + a good mic from a friend of mine and record it.

• 4 weeks later...

Updated with clips of a 2012 with Perrin axle-back.

The videos on the first page are somewhat in chronological order by model year. By somewhat, I mean the 06-09 will be mixed since they all sound the same.