LegacyGT.com

Engine Swap Question

Hey all, I have a 97 lgt with 2.5 that is shot. There is a 04 WRX for sale in my local listings for 900 that has everything except the engine. Wondering if I could take the exhuast, Subframes, axels, hubs and install them onto my car, also any other parts off the car I could swap over other than seats and interior pieces? This may be a dumb question but would a ej20t from a 94-97 legacy fit up with the 04 tranny? Sorry if this is answered in another thread but I could not find a solid answer. Thanks in advance!

i don't know of any "ej20t" that was ever offered in the legacy. the usdm from 94-97 wasn't ever offered with a turbo engine. the jdm cars came w/ some tt options but none of the engine codes ended w/ a "t". if you are wondering if you can swap out ej series engines w/ an 04 wrx transmission then the answer is yes. the wrx is a pull type clutch were the legs were push type. but if your getting the whole car, all that should be there. depending on what engine you go with, determines the management setup to use and wiring and so on. it sounds as if you should do more research before jumping into this. the interior will swap w/ modification as will a lot of other things. not knowing your mechanical skill, i'ld say stay out of the swap thing until you find someone local who is knowledgeable.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

• I Donated

Wait, you have a Legacy with a dead engine and you're considering buying a WRX with a dead engine and pulling everything out of the WRX and putting it in the Legacy?

Why wouldn't you just scrap the Legacy, keep the WRX, and put in a new (used) WRX EJ205?

The wrx is wrote off it has frame damage, as for swaps I do not have much knowledge and I am curious on what you guys would recommend for a swap that I could use the wrx tranny with. At the same time I would it just be cheaper to swap in a ej22 and use my tranny out of my legacy?

Archived