LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

84K miles. New motor at 82K due to cracked oil pick up. New fuel pump at 82.5K. New MAF at 83K. Radiator went 3 days ago at 84K. Got a Mishimoto radiator next day aired for $300 from Fred Beans and installed that. Car was railed on before I bought it and returned to stock with out me knowing :-(

Forgot to mention, on second set of full, Centric front and rear rotors and Hawk HPS pads with system flush. These rotors and pads make a huge difference in pedal feel and stopping distance. Also, Kart Boy end links and AVO SB bushings help a lot with the KYB shocks.

so now my oil filter seal leak and my rusted rattling heat shields are fixed. large heat shield down by the pan got a worm drive wrapped around it to keep it from rattling. saved myself $60.

had another rattle up by the turbo heat shield. somehow I lost a bolt and i can't get it lined up. so....I bent the shield away from where it was rattling.

BOOM!! problem solved. :lol:

onto the front suspension

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Currently at 187K, still on original turbo, clutch, transmission, engine and rear diff. Regular oil changes at 3500-4000 miles just normal dino oil. Over time have replaced the front CV boots, brake pads once and the shifter bushes about 3 months ago. I dont want to jinx myself but I am wondering who has had an oem clutch for longer? There must still be a little Spec B fairy dust left in the gal somewhere.

Just rolled over 146k on my '08, purchased @ 130k in February. The car was garaged and dealer maintained by the previous owner, who put serious highway miles on the car... the original OEM brake pads were first changed out at 128k, to give you an idea.

Since owning it, I've replaced:

Upstream O2 sensor (132k)

Downstream o2 sensor (132k)

Front wheel bearings (135k, rears replaced by PO at 100k)

OEM replacement Koyo radiator, OEM thermostat, OEM coolant (142k)

Front LCA bushings (145k)

Ball joints (145k)

Tie rod ends (145k)

Also upgraded from the stock suspension to RCE Tarmac 1 coilovers (at 144k, they are amazing), and running Cobb APV3 OTS stage 1 (since 144k). Soon to install a catted Invidia DP, BP TMIC mod, and some misc adapters and gaskets, then get tuned for stage 2. I'm still on the original clutch, and the drivetrain has never been apart. Awesome car so far, made moreso by each fix-up.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

• 1 month later...

OEM turbo(3k OCI dino) with 161k miles since brand new.

Recent issues(150k-present/last year to present)

0) Spark plug coil

1) Valve Cover gasket

2) Dragging front caliper replaced

3) Fuel line leak so line replace under intake

4) Starter, alternator

5) New noise is noise in driveline or wheel bearings, TBD

Before 150k from new, one single issue our throw out bearing failed($400 fix) at 105k. Nothing else.

Im right at 119,000 on a stock 2005 limited wagon. Just threw in a JL w6 10" and am about to put on my uppipe, downpipe, and run a cobb accessport. Everything is running perfectly. Just replaced my passenger side valve cover gasket, but other than that, she is running perfectly!

OEM turbo(3k OCI dino) with 161k miles since brand new.

Recent issues(150k-present/last year to present)

0) Spark plug coil

1) Valve Cover gasket

2) Dragging front caliper replaced

3) Fuel line leak so line replace under intake

4) Starter, alternator

5) New noise is noise in driveline or wheel bearings, TBD

Before 150k from new, one single issue our throw out bearing failed($400 fix) at 105k. Nothing else.

Are you stock or what mods?

174k...was doing great until this year. This years fixes include:

New headgaskets, water pump, timing belt...$3k

New radiator...$340

New rear brakes, tune up, plugs and all fluids changed...$500

Stock turbo, one clutch replacement. Valve cover gaskets on both sides.

Runs very strong, but now I need to fix the vent actuator so I can get some heat again. Still love the car! People think it's new...http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/ba9umu8a.jpg

Just hit 100K on my '05 Limited wagon (5EAT) the other week..

Not stock :-) (bnr16 for almost 40K miles - man, driving great in 35F weather!)

repairs/preventative maintenance:

-CV joint boot (front, passenger side) around 40 or 50k

-radiator leaking (possibly due to some abuse of the car) around 70k

-rad hoses (upper/lower) just recently blew out

-one coil pack replaced around 90k

-killer bee oil pickup around 65k

-IP&T oil kit around 80k

-5EAT flush around 60k

-timing belt/water pump around 77k

• 2 weeks later...

Have about 102k now. Most of the standard maintenance items were donw before I bought the car- timing belt, whl bearnings, axles, etc. I did the struts at 95k miles.

Still stock turbo, catless DP, my tune, full Amsoil.

This week I am changing the center diff bearings as they have been getting noisy the past few months.

Need to clean up the front paint from all the stone chips and then the car will look great. Will keep it running for a while.

Right at 155kmi on the wagon. 57kmi of those at Stage 2. Had to replace stock turbo (98kmi) battery at 7 years, valve cover gaskets, and windshield last year (desperately sandblasted and threw a rock through it...). Waiting for more fail...

• I Donated
167000 miles. Was good up until now. Took it in due to a misfire. Plugs, coil packs, compression all checked out. I am told I have a burned valve. Car is bone stock with all maintenance done at requred intervals. Very dissapointing.

If this is the first major repair you've had, at 167k, on a turbo car, I'd say that's good, not disappointing. Sucks that it had to happen, but 167k is a lot of miles, and I've seen worse problems on naturally aspirated cars at that mileage.

I am at 87k now. Nothing except oil changes and mods since I did intake manifold gaskets and clutch ~10 months ago. I do need brake pads after my track day in June. No non-wear repairs besides the IM gaskets since I bought the car at 61k.

Not bad gas. They can't tell me the root cause. I have heard there have been issues with the injectors creating improper mixture. They want to replace the entire valve train. 4900.00 My last car (normally aspirated) went to 310K miles with no major engine issues. The one prior to that 250K.