LegacyGT.com

4eat swap first test findings and issues.

Kwiatkowski

I'll keep this on point, I swapped out the 4eat in my 1995 Legacy wagon because the clutch packs in the old unit died once they warmed up. The swap went pretty well work wise, the only real hiccup was the fact that the new trans was off of an 1997 OB and thus probably had a different diff ratio. To remedy this I swapped over the front diff from the old unit to keep the diff ratios the same front and back.

So that's what has been done. In tests the car go forward but I am getting much more noise form the whole assembly than I am comfortable with, also it seems that the front diff isn't happy moving about with a rumbling feel and vibration when moving forward and especially back. In addition to this the car doesn't respond to reverse and won't move back.

So where'd I mess up here? I feel like by switching the diffs I really fucked myself over somehow but I can't be sure.

Exactly, not sure how it skipped my mind and the mind of the seasoned mechanic working with me (to his defense he had never touched tyranny before, also that's what she said). Still not sure what to do, I really just need it to get back on the road but time and help are dwindling with the next semester firing up soon.

Archived