LegacyGT.com

In need of some help ASAP!!

I was driving home from work tonight when my radiator went bye bye coolant everywhere it also tool out a belt. So in short I need a new radiator and I need one ASAP. What one should I get. Do I need an oem one or is it ok if it's a different brand. Also how hard of a task is this to do. I'm stranded waiting for the tow truck now :(

How many miles are on your odometer? This happened to my brother once while we were on the way to get the radiator switched because it was about that time for maintenance, and low n behold the thing blew 2 mins away from the shop. He has an 02 wrx. If you have near 100k, it's time. I don't know any brands off the top of my head, but get an aftermarket if you can. It's not a cheap fix, but it's not too expensive either. I think my bro spent 400-500 in total for parts and labor. It was a while ago so I don't remember exactly. Hasn't had an issue since :)

That's good. What mileage did you get the car at? It may not have been done by the previous owner if you bought it used that is. Shouldn't be too hard a task. Just find a sticky or thread with instructions by someone who's done it before.

Archived