LegacyGT.com

Check out this deck, Now I just need that @$#%^ bezel!

easton

I've been trying to figure out how to get navigation and iPod integration into the new legacy, and I've found the perfect deck, now I just need that 2 din bezel to exist. I bought an alpine head unit a few months ago because I learned of the kca420i iPod integration unit that would allow me to hook my iPod directly to the head unit and have control over the iPod and charging capability. Sweet!, I thought at the time, but now that I've installed the unit, it kind of sucks. Anyone who has an iPod will know probably not like this thing because it is SLOW, and NOT INTUITIVE. After doing some exhaustive research, this is what I came up with. It looks sweet, performs beautifully, is not likely to be stolen because of Eclipse's ESN security, and probably won't break right away (lots of experience with their products.) [url]http://carsound.com/articles/publish/article_282.shtml[/url] For iPod, I'm going to get a holder to attach to the dash, and a dock connector with a 12v charger connector and line output which will both be hard wired and enter discretely near the iPod holder. Best of all, it's only like $2,000 street!

i was trying to get a word from king of imports about that special dash piece... but no reply.. the jpn spec cars has a nav system there , but its mounted in a dash piece that is just an opening... it removes the trip computer and fits around the two center vents... it would be perfect for a lot of things.. king of imports sells them.. but i was interested in ONLY the moulding piece

no it will not. i took my car to sound in motion last week and we took some measurments. it can fit in the chubby size but that area is not deep enough. i am actually modling a navigation screen in there right now but i will wait a bit longer for SOA to get off their asses and help us out with the headunit solution.

goto [url]www.crutchfield.com[/url] the Kenwood double din model is cheaper by $600.. if you goto [url]www.kenwood.co.jp[/url] or [url]www.pioneer.co.jp[/url] you will be blown away with all the JDM double dins that are out there.. it's unfortunate that they use AM more than FM.. but who cares? we all listen to MP3s anyways? And those play other region DVDs as well. Here is the Kenwood (touch screen as well) unit: [url]http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VgWVetz0vRj/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=168550&I=113DDX7015[/url] [IMG]http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2003/113/h113DDX7015-f.jpeg[/IMG] [IMG]http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2004/113/h113DDX7015-o_open.jpeg[/IMG] Keefe
Keefe

The Kenwood deck is less expenive, but it lacks the built-in navigation of the Eclipse. Also, having worked in high-end electronics for the last decade, It is highly unlikely that I will ever purchase either a Kenwood or Pioneer deck.

[quote name='easton']The Kenwood deck is less expenive, but it lacks the built-in navigation of the Eclipse. Also, having worked in high-end electronics for the last decade, It is highly unlikely that I will ever purchase either a Kenwood or Pioneer deck.[/QUOTE] What is your opinion/pros and cons on kenwood and pioneer products?

Why hasn't anyone removed the entire Audio/Climate unit and relocated the climate to where the ashtray is now and they you can install an entire screen where they are located now. A lot of work but I'm sure someone will do it soon since I've seen it done in cars before.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Archived