LegacyGT.com

Detailing Supplies

Hey All..

I am a detailer on the side, thinking about turning it into a full time gig if i can get the right deal on a property... Anyway, I usually buy my supplies from a local supplier to dealers and detailers, but I have an online source too..

www.topoftheline.com

professional detailing products, and handy tools too. prices are OK, fast shipping.

I swear by their In House "Wheel Wash". Best cleaner I've used for hard to clean wheels found on older 2.5GT's and BMWs. It breaks down the adhesives in brake dust that causes it to stick to your wheels. If anyone has any cleaning questions, please ask, I've pretty much seen it all...

Later,

Tim

Welcome. You might wanna check out http://www.premiumautocare.com/, a site sponsor. They have excellent service and a discount for this forum.

What are your preferred products and processes for your Subaru? I'm experiencing that it's very easy to scratch/swirl the paint. It also seems important to dress the door and window seals since we have sashless windows--I'm starting to use 303 there.

The sashless windows are def a predicament. On my 2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6 w/ T tops, on the seals i used GM Dielectric Grease to seal them up. This would pose a problem in the Subie's though, cuz of the possibility of rubbing clothing on them getting into and out of the vehicle.

I will check out premium auto's website since they are a site sponsor. I have detailed many subaru's, and my most UNFAVORITE color is the one used from 96-99 (?) i beleive. Im not sure on the factory paint name, but it is maroon/black (depending on how u are looking at it) that car gets a complete claying, followed by a medium cut leveler, followed by a cream polish, then hand wax. Subaru finishes definitely make you work for the shine, but when done, it cant be beat!:icon_lol:

TOL are good people. Their Trade Secret wax is an awesome product and is one of my favorites. Welcome to LGT.com! It will be nice to have another experienced detailer around to offer assistance during what I expect to be a very busy detailing season. Last year there were a lot of Porter Cable 7336 and 7424 purchases as well as a lot of questions. This year when they all start using them I'm sure there will be even more questions. :) I can't wait. ;)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived