LegacyGT.com

Door Molding Paint Coming Off

Aksarben

I have a 2001 Legacy GT. Recently I went through a car wash (need to wash it again) and when I got through, I noticed that the car wash took off a line of paint from the rear door molding. :mad:

About a week later, I noticed a bubble had formed on the driver's door. I was spraying the car down with a hose and just throttling the water with my thumb was enough to take off a bunch of paint from the driver's door molding. :eek::spin:

What the heck!?

How would you go about fixing this? Paint doesn't stick to auto plastic very well in my experience. I'm tempted to try to remove the paint from all the moldings and leave them black but I don't know of any way to do that that would yield satisfying results.

Ideas?

P1030859.JPG.146101e7da79261768d2f77031e91982.JPG

P1030858.JPG.6e47f33997aea2b865bc4dd98d8b3722.JPG

I have had great success painting automotive plastic bits. Its really all in the prep and procedure. If you are going for black, then its even easier. Check out SEM brand products as they adhere and last a long time. I use them for side mirrors, engine plastic bits, wipers, cowls, etc. Great stuff.

I purchase lots of my products from repaintsupply.com. They will have everything you need.

Archived