LegacyGT.com

Looking for a LGT, coming from a STI

richd978

So i'm trying to sell / trade my 06 STI with 15K miles and hopefully i'll put myself in a 05+ LGT. What should I look for?

How are the automatics? I'd love a 5spd but the wife is making me get a auto because she wants to drive the LGT as well. Reason why i'm going from a sti to a lgt is because I became a father 3 weeks ago.

Also what is with the orange interior in the spec Bs?

The 06 spec b has red leather interior. Also only a 5spd is available in the 06 spec b. 07-08 spec bs only have 6spds. The 07 had a blue/black interior and 08+ has black.

Plenty of auto/manual debates on here already, but imo the auto in these cars coupled with the turbo sucks for performance oriented or enjoyable driving. Many will disagree, so you should likely test drive one yourself.

I did the same thing almost, I went from an 06 315WHP STi to an 05 Auto LGT. I am so freaking jealous of every STi I see but my job does not work well with an STi. The auto sucks terribly compared to the STI, the handling just doesn't compare, I have redone the breaks and have tires stickier than the RE070s and it doesnt stop as well. Its like going from a lamborghini gallardo to a bently continental, both a great cars but they just don't compare. I love the luxury of my LGT and all my friends and co-workers comment on how nice it is inside, but nobody comments on how fast it is or how well it handles, which were the only comments I got on my STi

no comment on the auto,

but ahd 04 st stg 2, now leggt wagon 5spd.

miss the 6spd a bit, but the trade off in ride quality is hard to beat.

yeh handling and breaking are the things sti will always have.

bought a 5 spd wagon with suspension mods and stg1.

more than enough for me at this time.

thanks

I went from an '05 STi to an '08 STi to an '08 spec.B. I just finally got tired of the big dick cars. Everytime I stopped at a light some tool would rev his truck engine and wanna race. I decided a little smooth riding luxury was what I needed for a change. But I really, really liked the proper 6-speed transmission. Liked the other goodies on the spec. So that's why I went with it. Legacy is a good car. Ain't no STi, but it is a great car. Now if they'd only put out a 300+ HP spec.B in the new body style. Mmmm. I'm evidently one of the few that like the new cars. But then I've always liked Subaru cars, even the "ugly" ones. ;)

-joe-

Archived