LegacyGT.com

Chocolate Stain

The best leather cleaner and conditioning system I've used is Leatherique http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/leatherique-leather-care-how-to. Here's a link to Detailed Image that sells kits and a walkthrough of the process (the heat is critical for best results) and after doing the Rejuvenator procedure, you will be able to do touch ups with the Prestine Clean to keep it in top shape.

For the perforated seats make sure to apply to a rag and dab rather than get excess seeping in by pouring or brushing on. The rejuvenator brings all that dirt and crud to the surface nicely.

Getting crap out of the perforations is a pain. Using a toothpick works pretty well, but really it just pushes the crud in deeper so you can't see it. Anything else you use that could get the stuff out is also going to leave residue in the perforations, so you are best just picking at it.

FWIW, the best leather conditioners for perforated leather are usually gel conditioners. Lotions will fill in the holes if you apply too much, but gels don't seem to have that problem. What I typically do is just apply some conditioner (lotion) to an applicator and condition the solid leather first and then wipe down the perforations after most of the product is already spread around. That seems to limit any product getting stuck in the holes. Just a side note...

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived