LegacyGT.com

Accident

clegg

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time posting, and it sucks that I am posting carnage. Anyway, I was wondering what you guys think about the damage here. I was rearended at about 1530 on Lincoln just before Chambers and I was sandwhiched with another car. The lady that rearended me didnt even touch the brakes. There was no rubber on the asphalt at all. No major injuries except for the usual neck pains. I just got out of the ER as I write this. What do you guys think? The rearend doesnt look too bad, but the front is jacked. The engine compartment did seem to suffer a good amount of damage as the engine looked like it was a bit tilted in the engine bay with the radiator pierced by the engine block. Anyway, this just plain sucks. What sucks the most is the fact that my buddy and I were about to hit the road next Wednesday for a trip to the Pacific NW in my car as his car is too tiny, but now, who knows.

IMG00003-20090714-1542.thumb.jpg.14ad53aa95ecd49be800bf71c0387ea0.jpg

IMG00004-20090714-1542.thumb.jpg.0784ac7fc3a75a14bbfed7b298bf1f90.jpg

When did you move out to Denver?

It's probably been 6 years since I last saw you at LSPR.

Too hard to say what the damage will amount to without more pics, but often if there is extensive engine damage, they'll just total it. I guess that's what insurance is for.

Geez, you have awful luck. Didn't your RS fall through the ice?

When did you move out to Denver?

It's probably been 6 years since I last saw you at LSPR.

Too hard to say what the damage will amount to without more pics, but often if there is extensive engine damage, they'll just total it. I guess that's what insurance is for.

Geez, you have awful luck. Didn't your RS fall through the ice?

Brady,

I am actually a Denver native, so you may be thinking of someone else. I kind of want them to total it as I don't think it will be the same, and when I try to sell it I won't be able to get the full amount from it. I would fight for diminished value if they were to repair it, though.

Brady,

I am actually a Denver native, so you may be thinking of someone else. I kind of want them to total it as I don't think it will be the same, and when I try to sell it I won't be able to get the full amount from it. I would fight for diminished value if they were to repair it, though.

Ha, yeah, there was a guy I knew off of Nasioc with the same username. Here's a link to the thread where his 2002 RS went through the ice at an Ice Race in Wisconsin.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303486

I haven't heard from the insurance people yet. They are still putting the estimate together at the body shop (Jerry Standers). They have had the vehicle since thurs doing the teardown. From the prelim estimate they provided today (which isn't complete yet, as they have more teardown to do), it is up to 9500 in damage. They haven't checked the frame yet as well. I really hope it keeps climbing so they total it. It will never be the same after the repairs.

is the car leased?? my previous experience with leased cars have been they fix it.... i had a 2004 acura rsx that was leased... probably only worth 24000 or so i cant remember... damage came out to 18000 and they still fixed it....

It isn't leased. I almost had the damn thing paid off. It would have been paid off in Jan, but now it may get paid off sooner (if they total it). I am hoping to get the final estimate today, and we will see what that is and then wait for the word from the insurance company.

So I got the final estimate today. Just under 13000 in damages. There was 172 items to be replaced/repaired/painted in the estimate. It was some 9 pages. The damage is roughly 60% of the value, so I will have to wait and see what the other persons insurance says.

Archived