LegacyGT.com

High elevation protune on a low elevation car?

dbedigrew

Hopefully I can get some good input from you knowledgeable people out there. If I get my car tuned by Revolutions in CO at a mile plus elevation, will my ecu adjust its parameters to run that tune effectively with the 900-1100ft elevation at home?

Any info given will be appreciated.

I know it could run higher boost with the denser air that is why I was wondering if the ecm would adjust for the extra air.

It will, but probably not for optimal power/safety.

With the same exact map you should see higher boost as elevation decreases. The ecu monitors Patm and as altitude decreases the correction (decrease in target boost for higher elevations relative to sea level), will lessen.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

It will, but probably not for optimal power/safety.

With the same exact map you should see higher boost as elevation decreases. The ecu monitors Patm and as altitude decreases the correction (decrease in target boost for higher elevations relative to sea level), will lessen.

So you think it would be much better if I try and find a tuner at my altitude or learn to tune it my self.

I noticed that COBB recently came out with an update that will allow you to data log with your AP (therefoe no need for a laptop). Has anybody used this yet?

It could be just fine. You just don't know if it is or not.

If you received a tune that walked the line between max power and max safety, chances are that a significant change in elevation has possibly caused either power or safety (or both) to drop off the previously set ideals. That fine line has likely moved.

I wouldn't get another tune without evidence that you need one, personally. Get a few logs and upload 'em here. We can help you make an informed decision.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Archived