LegacyGT.com

Connor's '05 LGT Wagon

Looking good! I love seeing progressive build threads. I really need to clear my heads. Other than clearing those we have nearly identical cars and that is the icing for mine right now.

What are your impressions on that Q300 exhaust compared to others you have heard? I am about to buy the Magnaflow but would love some feedback on the Invidia. My only issue with the Invidia is the cans and the quad tips. Do you have any more pics of the exhaust?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice progress! I love the tone of the Q300 exhaust, quiets down after break in period and mellows down...then when i WOT with my ELH it sounds mean!! bwahaha...

Love the pics!

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Nice Wagon man and good pic's.To make this thread better you should post your mods in the 1st post and throw up some engine bay pic's. What's the next mod you will do or what's in the future plans?
05 Legacsti with toys, Efi Logics Tuned, Whitey Built

Thanks! First post edited w/ mod list. Next thing I'd like to do is Brembo's on the front, then either an AVO TMIC and GFB BOV (acronyms are fun!) or some STi seats out of a GR chassis.

Next year I'd like to do a fuel pump, injectors, 18G and get tuned for 91 and E85. Rear Brembos at some point.

'03 Forester X 5mt - Engine Seized at 262k miles.

'05 LGT Wagon 6mt -MotoIQ.com Project Vehicle

'13 VW Touareg TDI - Daily Torque Monster.

Out here in Colorado for Pikes Peak this week. This morning I developed a cylinder 3 misfire, bad. After practice today we're taking it to Revolutions Performance to diagnose. May need a hand with parts depending, any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Gotta make it back home on Monday...

Forgot to respond about meeting up this week. I would have to bring my little one and that might not work. I have 2 jobs and no free time but I would like to meet up somehow.

Be leery of Revolutions. Some good some bad on that place.

Why would your cat be glowing?

No idea why cat was glowing, but that sucka was bright red! I'm assuming Revolutions will take care of me, I'm here as media for MotoIQ and I've basically been living in their shop as I'm covering Doran's RS200 and Lovefab Enviate. Unfortunately both cars are already out of the running for Sunday...

Changed coil and all 4 plugs. Still was misfiring on 3. Did a compression test on 1 & 3 and saw 110 and 100, which Revolutions says is what they commonly see at this altitude. Now we are going to swap injectors on 1 & 3 to see what happens...

So, does anybody have a spare stock injector locally!?

#3 injector was stuck open. Absolutely nothing was available locally. Had a friend ship a spare set from Madison. Should arrive tomorrow. Really getting tired of this base model Mini I borrowed from one of our crew. It has like 60hp on the mountain.

All my stuff belongs to my editor until the article gets published. I'll definitely post up once its out there. Today we were on the top section for qualifying (Doran is back in the race). Loeb and his Peugeot is 22 seconds ahead of second in Unlimited, the potential for a near 8 minute run is strong. Freaking insane to watch him run.

This has been one hell of a week. Seeing the Enviate explode on its first run, watching Pat throw his RS200 into the trees twice, watching Doran's crew fix the car twice, leeping 2-4 hours per night, thinking my car lost a cylinder 1100 miles away from home. Very stressful but fortunately nobody died, both cars were fixable, and my car runs again. I got all the shots I needed during this qualifying sessions so during raceday I can relax and get whatever random shots I may need.

Massive amounts of relief to say the least.

This has been one hell of a week. Seeing the Enviate explode on its first run, watching Pat throw his RS200 into the trees twice, watching Doran's crew fix the car twice, sleeping 2-4 hours per night, thinking my car lost a cylinder 1100 miles away from home. Very stressful but fortunately nobody died, both cars were fixable, and my car runs again. I got all the shots I needed during this qualifying sessions so during raceday I can relax and get whatever random shots I may need.

Massive amounts of relief to say the least.

The "hell of a week" continued today. Got pulled over in Iowa on I80 on my way back from Colorado today. I was pulled over by an Iowa State Trooper because it is illegal to not have a front license plate in Wisconsin, also my rear license plate frame covers my registration tag (not expired).

He explained quickly that he was giving me a written warning, but that this would not go down on my record anywhere. Just that I needed to fix these two issues. He then immediately asked me to step out of the car and put my hands on the hood of his vehicle. Although I was confused, I obliged without protest. He then had a few words with my friend Andy riding in the passenger seat of my car. He gave me a quick pat down to make sure I didn't have any weapons on me and asked me to get into his vehicle so I could sign the digital tablet saying that I understand the warning I was receiving.

He grilled me up and down about who I was, where I was coming from and going to, what activities I had been doing lately, what my occupation was, what my education was, any previous criminal activities or traffic citations. Once he had my story he then gave my friend the same line of questions while he was still in my car. Once he found out that we were returning from Colorado and had a car full of luggage (we were there all week) he said he had reason to believe we were smuggling large amounts of marijuana back to WI in our luggage and cooler. "Coincidentally" I was stopped by a K9 unit, and the LEO requested to do an exterior sweep of the vehicle.

Knowing full well that my car was clean and that I had done no wrong, I obliged him in his request. He did 4 sweeps around the vehicle, having the dog jump up on my car and probe at all the body panels. As part of the vehicle sweep the dog's claws gouged nearly every panel on my car. Given the fact that I am a car detailer by profession, I know when a bodyshop is required to fix a scratch. The hood, both fenders, front and rear bumpers, rear hatch, both driver's doors, the rear passenger side door, and the rubber trim on the rear driver's side door are all damaged to an extent requiring bodywork. Now, I had been driving for over 12 hours today and have been running on energy drinks since 10AM yesterday morning, so the extent of what was happening wasn't entirely clear to me and in hindsight I should have been more observant. Once the LEO released me I was all too happy to hop in my car and continue the last few hours of my drive home to Wisconsin. Unfortunately as soon as I got home I noticed the incurred damage immediately!

The damage is blatantly obvious, and the need for a pristine vehicle is tied into my business image. Prior to this incident there were only 2 or 3 scratches on the vehicle, now there are dozens. My car was quite dirty from my week in Colorado, so the dog's paws left prints on the paint, all of which I photographed thoroughly before I washed my car. Once the car was clean I photographed all of the incurred scratches again.

I called their district office and left a message for the LEO's supervisor who should be calling me back tomorrow. I'd like to request the record of the dashcam to corroborate that the damaged areas in question match up with the areas inspected by the dog.

Tomorrow I will be getting quotes from some top notch local bodyshops. I am really anxious to deal with this. I have never seen a spot repair that blended 100% perfect with factory paint, and I am paranoid that the hue/flake/texture won't match after the repairs are completed. This REALLY pissed me off once I noticed it, and I am kicking myself in the ass for not noticing in the moment.

Has anyone been in this situation before? What course of action is available to me so that the Iowa State Patrol will be held responsible?

Good news and bad news. Once I calmed down and got a good nights sleep (I wrote the last post after being awake for 34+ hours) I realized it wasn't as bad as I had thought. Much of what I though was primer/metal was just white residue from the dogs nails.

I spoke with my local bodyshop that I trust and once I explained the situation they didn't want to give me a quote until I had spoken with my insurance and the Iowa State Patrol. Insurance told me that I have the option of filing a claim, paying my deductible, and letting them get it repaired. This would mean they would give me a few options of their "approved" bodyshops, and since I have Progressive that meant the cheapest ones. Not something that I want to deal with.

My other option according to my insurance is to hire a lawyer and sue for damages. Again, not something that I am inclined to do. I've called the station twice and left messages for the offending officer's Sergeant, but its been nearly a week and no call back yet. I'd really just like them to compensate me for my time spent correcting these issues, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I got tired of waiting and decided to just deal with it myself. I leveled out most of the scratches with 2000 grit and have spent many hours compounding and buffing back to my satisfaction. Another 6 or so hours and it should be back to 95% of what it was. It looks like there will be one scratch on the door that is down to primer and a gouge in the plastic on the rear bumper that will stay. All in all, I'm relieved its not as bad as I thought it was initially...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since the previous several fiascos my car has been a continual pain in the ass. I had another injector go bad (spares FTW), then had my alternator die out on me (fortunately it died the second I rolled into my driveway), then my car worked fine... for about 4 hours. Had the flaps on the throttle body hose blow out and the end that mates to the intercooler got torn. Bought a new hose from the dealer, put it on and no problems... for an hour. The hose blew off again, and of course THEN I do the research on the forum that I should just cut off the stupid flaps. Flaps removed, and the car was fine again, briefly. My JB welded intercooler decided it didn't want to hold pressure anymore, so now I can't do more than 5 psi or so before it starts spitting black smoke and back firing.

So now I'm just limping it around while waiting for my new Perrin TMIC to show up next week. That reminds me that my PS inner axle boot is split open, still need to replace that. Hopefully it starts behaving on the regular.