LegacyGT.com

My buddy blew his motor 2007 2.5I... OPTIONS??

Ok heres the story, he let his GF drive it last night and i guess she went through a flooded road and it hyrdo locked (im assuming) Intake was drenched inside, and the motor is now locked up.

What year of engines are the same as the 2.5I, just the 05-07 or can we use an older 2.5??

TIA..

just finished replacing the motor in mine.

carpart.com

look for an ej253.

look in your area for

"SOHC - ISO 173 hp (129 kW) @ 5600 rpm, 166 ft·lbf (225 N·m) torque @ 4000 rpm. Intake volume is regulated by use of a MAF sensor, unlike the EJ251 which is regulated by a MAP sensor. I-Active valves (VVT intake side) on 06+ models.

Impreza 99, 05+

Legacy, Outback USA 05+

Forester 99, 05+

Baja 05+

Saab 9-2x Linear 05, 06"

I got one out of an 07 impreza with 30k for 1300. Install was pretty easy if you are mechanically inclined. also I can give you the factory service manual in pdf form so it walks you through the install. - if you wanna do it yourself.

i got quotes upwards of 4k to fix mine.

Ok heres the story, he let his GF drive it last night and i guess she went through a flooded road and it hyrdo locked (im assuming) Intake was drenched inside, and the motor is now locked up.

What year of engines are the same as the 2.5I, just the 05-07 or can we use an older 2.5??

TIA..

The motor may not be toast. Take out the plugs, spray a bunch of oil into each hole, turn over for a while, replace plugs and give it a try:lol: Make sure you remove the air cleaner since it is probably soaked and drain and replace the oil first.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• 2 weeks later...

TIA..

Well, what happened?????????????????????????????????????????:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

The motor may not be toast. Take out the plugs, spray a bunch of oil into each hole, turn over for a while, replace plugs and give it a try:lol: Make sure you remove the air cleaner since it is probably soaked and drain and replace the oil first.

Yea do that...

more clearly

1. change oil

2. remove plugs

3. turn over engine a few times...hopefully water will be flying

4. let plugs and plug hole dry by sitting for a couple hours (spray hole compressed air if you got it)

5. check to see if plugs still can fire...(optional, fraked plugs will be easy to spot)

6. spray some oil into the plug holes

7. reinstall old plugs or new ones

8. start it up and enjoy the benefits of fixing your buddy's GF's car.:wub:

9. Repeat step 1-8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived