LegacyGT.com

what gauges are you using?

ir2005

Im looking to get gauges i found a pillar pod and just seeing what gauges are popular and what matches factory gauge colors the best. Suggestions and opinions on what you think is best would be appreciated!

Im looking to get boost, afr and egt

Ive been looking into defi prosport and AEM.

Ive been looking into defi prosport and AEM.

That's a pretty wide range in quality. Prosport is cheaper but there's mixed reviews on quality an accuracy, whereas Defi is very nice but also kinda expensive and may require a control unit depending on the gauges you pick.

I had Autometer gauges in my last car and liked them enough that I'll be using them again in this car.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Prosport Halos do match pretty nicely, but not perfectly. I'm running Prosport Halos. I'm happy with the function and the look, but I would not recommend them. They work, but they are pretty cheap quality.

I had two housings crack with fairly minimal force trying to slide them in to my pillar gauge pod. I also had to extend the power wires on every single one I put in the car too. I didn't extend any sender wires, but I did feel like my location options were limited by the sender wire lengths.

They also have a dimmer setting (one level of dimming) that is not at all much dimmer than the daytime setting. They are significantly brighter than my dash gauges on any setting. Can't comment on accuracy, as I don't have a lot of info to compare it to. They seem to indicate the values that I think the car should be producing.

Thats why im getting opinions. lol Ive only used aem for the more important things and normally had glow shift as a filler gauge for an open pod spot. prosport is mixed like you stated so idk if i want to go with that...

That's a pretty wide range in quality. Prosport is cheaper but there's mixed reviews on quality an accuracy, whereas Defi is very nice but also kinda expensive and may require a control unit depending on the gauges you pick.

I had Autometer gauges in my last car and liked them enough that I'll be using them again in this car.

I spent epic amounts of time reading about the same question, and after all was said and done, I picked up a couple of very high quality STACK mechanicals from Summit. The white and red match the stock dash beautifully, and grabbed a AutoMeter/STACK dimmer to go with it (since Subaru's have a bass-ackwards dimmer circuit).

http://www.stackltd.com/instruments.html#Mechanica

Archived