LegacyGT.com

Removing chrome trim insert

Pawlwawl06

Dealership is an a**hole, tell the folks that told you that to go back outside and have another smoke.

The chrome accented rocker panels are/were usually a dealer installed option, not a factory one from some conversations I had. They can be removed and replaced with the 'standard' versions in a short amount of time. I am sure you can find someone locally that would trade you for a set of non-chrome panels. I would think that you could still get replacement ones too, not cheap, but an option.

Dealership is an a**hole, tell the folks that told you that to go back outside and have another smoke.

The chrome accented rocker panels are/were usually a dealer installed option, not a factory one from some conversations I had. They can be removed and replaced with the 'standard' versions in a short amount of time. I am sure you can find someone locally that would trade you for a set of non-chrome panels. I would think that you could still get replacement ones too, not cheap, but an option.

Thanks. That makes more sense. I don't think they wanted to mess with it. They wouldn't install my aftermarket spoiler either, I think they just don't want to be responsible for screwing up my car.

I'm in the same boat as you. Can't decide to swap them or not. Some days I love the trim, others not so much.

They can definitely be changed though. That dealer sucks...

I'm in the same boat as you. Can't decide to swap them or not. Some days I love the trim, others not so much.

They can definitely be changed though. That dealer sucks...

haha you said it. Its also a Mazda/Volkswagen dealership. I'd rather go somewhere else, but I do not want to drive 60 miles to get to it.

Pawl, How far to Perry Subaru for you. They're the best here in HR.

Too bad you're not coming to the Perry meet on the 8th.

Hopefully we'll see you around some other time.

If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

I was kinda wondering about removinig just the chrome strip myself. I am not planning or wanting to get rid of them. I basically want to get them sent out and black chromed. I want to get most of the emblems, and grille done that way. So I just wonder what it'll take to remove them.

I was kinda wondering about removinig just the chrome strip myself. I am not planning or wanting to get rid of them. I basically want to get them sent out and black chromed. I want to get most of the emblems, and grille done that way. So I just wonder what it'll take to remove them.

I don't have the guts :lol:

• 8 months later...

Archived