LegacyGT.com

Autonostics cable

lilbrudder

Yup, use the software listed below and it will work. I have used mine to pull the ROM image off my ECU before and it worked fine. Just make sure you have the correct drivers installed and the COM settings are configured as directed in my "Using the Autonostics Cable to Log" thread and it should see the ECU and copy the image just fine.

Good Luck and let us know how it's going. I was the first person to get this cable to work and have just a little working knowledge of it;); so feel free to ask questions and let us know what's up.

Let's kick this pig!

I tried that software, I got another error message but basically saying the same thing. It seemed be loading really slow. You got it to work, so I'm going to uninstall everything and try reinstalling it. Are the com setting in the Ecuflash program or on my pc?

Are these the only drivers i need? http://autonostics.com/pages.php?pageid=3

Those should be the drivers. I see that you've been to my thread. The "BAUD" settings you need to change will be in windows. Once you get the driver and software installed; you need to go to "Windows Device Manager" in there you need to look for the sub-list of ports(includes LPT and COM ports) in there you will need to find the COM port that was assigned to your cable. When you find your cable; right click on it and go to properties. Once you get to the properties tab; you will need to change the BAUD rate from 9600 to 4800. This will stabilize the communications and the software should see the car and lock in on it. After that the logging software and ECUFlash should both work. As stated before; I've used successfully muptiple times.
Let's kick this pig!

If the drivers are installed and you can log then they are installed properly. The cable usually pops up and COM3 or COM4. If the cable has already been plugged and you have been throught the hardware install wizard then they should arleady be there. Then it's just a matter of going into device manger and the properties for the COM Port that the cable was assigned to and setting the BAUD rate to 4800. If it works to log; it should work to flash.
Let's kick this pig!

Well I have been trying to get it going all morning but still haven't got it to read or write. I changed the buad rate and reinstalled all the drivers/programs, I'm not sure where to go from here. There is no problem logging, but i keep getting this when i try to read the ECU:

[00:08:09.443] unable to open OpenPort device [ Serial ].

[00:08:09.443] unable to connect to vehicle interface.

[00:08:13.459] unable to open OpenPort device [ Serial ].

[00:08:13.459] unable to connect to vehicle interface.

Any thoughts? I want this to work so I don't mind trying things, please throw those ideas out there(even simple things i may have over looked).

Nope mine is from like January of this year. I'll see if I can find the install file and I'll pm you for your e-mail. If the instructions I gave didn't work, it may be another bad cable. We had a couple of them up and running in minutes on different laptops and different cars.
Let's kick this pig!

• 2 weeks later...

thanx qik, that ecutec version is alot faster but i still can't get it to read. this is the error i get:

[14:17:22.833] SSM2 init

[14:17:23.394] SSM2 init

[14:17:23.844] SSM2 init

[14:17:24.295] SSM2 init

[14:17:24.775] SSM2 init

[14:17:25.226] SSM2 init

[14:17:25.707] SSM2 init

[14:17:26.178] SSM2 init

[14:17:26.658] SSM2 init

[14:17:27.139] SSM2 init

[14:17:27.750] kernel get version

[14:17:28.631] interface close

[14:17:28.681] interface close

are you using USB 2.0? i think 'm running on 1.1 with this lappy, not sure if it matters.

USB version shouldn't matter. I used a USB mouse cable for an extension and it still worked.

Are you connecting the Green Dignostics plugs in the passenger side floorwell when try to connect to with ECUflash?

Let's kick this pig!

Ya, the "TEST CONNECTORS" are two green plugs that are located in the passenger side floor area. They are tucked under the carpet all the way at the top of the carpet about in the middle behind the glove box. You need to have them connected and have the key in the "ON" position to be able to read or flash the ecu. This may help just a little.
Let's kick this pig!

Yup. They should be tucked away in their own little pocket under the top of the carpet and they should connect to each other. Once connected and the key is turned forward; your odometer will display "ER HC". This means that the car is in diagnositcs mode.
Let's kick this pig!

• 1 month later...
Hey qikslvr, I finally found the the other wires and flashed mickeyd stageI. The wires on the passenger side look identical to the ones i found on the drivers side and they both display the same ER HC message when connected, which is wierd but good to know now. With the right wires connected the process was fast, smooth, and fflawless. Thanks for your patients and saving me litteraly hundreds of dollars, the car feels amazing.

Me too, ordered it from autonostic...hen I got sick of waiting and ordered an ebay one, then I got sick of waiting and bought a used Tactrix cable..should come in soon. :)

I am going to dispute the autonostic purchase..the ebay one I will keep.

Archived