LegacyGT.com

New 5EAT LGT owner

GP2001

Hey everyone,back on here with my second 2005 RBP Legacy GT, only this time went with a 5EAT. I see that the common modifications people do are transmission coolers and the IPT valve body. My car is currently flashed to stage 2 (Cobb AP), and I don't use the car for any racing. It is all daily driving with a little bit of spirited driving thrown in. That being said, is there any need for me to do modifications to increase the longevity of the transmission? Do the 5EAT's tend to last a while at stage 2, or should I drop it down to stage 1? I like the power, but am more concerned with reliability.

Let me know what your thoughts are, or if I left out any important details. Speaking of details, it currently has 60k on it and shifts perfectly.

• Moderators

You transmission is likely fine. Drain and fill the fluid regularly, install a thermostat / cooler if you want.

No one does the IPT valve body any more, it's garbage. Look int the F1 Valve Body (Hexmods) if you're serious about your trans and increased power, but it doesn't sound necessary for your driving habits.

Welcome back!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Thanks for the quick responses guys, I probably will pass on the tranny cooler, don't want it too run too cold in the winter time without me realizing. If I put tons of stress on the tranny I would, but for my driving I would imagine the stock cooler is sufficient.

With regard to the F1 valve body, is there anyway that item will decrease the lifespan of my tranny? I used to view the valve body mod as something to increase shift performance, not as a part to prevent failure. Am I mistaken with that point of view? I will do some more digging on that myself...

Archived