LegacyGT.com

Blind spot mirrors available?

tjm0852

Does anyone know if there are blind spot mirrors available for the Legacy?

Not the cheap stick on ones. Actual new mirrors that are contured or have an optical bend.

Like these: Stock on top

Thankshttp://www.billswebspace.com/vw36.jpg

the stock mirrors do have an optical bend... I thought my mirror was F'ed up everytime I would see warped and distorted things on the inside edge of the mirror -- until i went the dealer and saw every other legacy had the same thing.

but anyhow -- as to people who specifically make them ... i dont know..

btw, wrong forum?

I believe you can get some aftermarket ones that attach to the top of the existing mirrors.....nothing specific for Legacy's that I've seen. They're just a universal fit...

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm/fa/p/pid/3445/sc/2737

Blind-Sport Mirror Installation

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/file_center/files/mirror/diagram.gif

- The Mortgage Man

Although I'd love the re-shaped lens, I currently simply have the el-cheapo stick-on's on my LGT.

Surprisingly, the heat coming from our heated mirrors will actually transmit through the body of the stick-ons, and will defrost it as well!!!!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

personally i just set my mirrors wide, REAL wide andf i can see anything beside me when i check my side mirrors, so i dont have to cock my neck around to check. If its not in my rearview or side mirror i can either see it while checking my side mirror or it doesnt exist :). to stay on topic though, i personally have not seen anything other than the stick ons that allen speaks of. good luck on finding an affordable replacement and keep us posted.

I remember reading once that the Saab's had the mirrors mentioned. I have not seen them as aftermarket, but then again, I haven't looked for legacy specific. I have looked for baja specific.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I know you said No to the stick on mirrors, but

Why not get the convex (concave?) circle mirrors that stick on the corners?

Everyone in this town of mine seems to have them (and a monster-sized Broadway rear-view mirror) but that's because they need all the help they can get...

They probably go for a just few bucks at the local Canadian Tire, or Pep Boys, etc...

I know you said No to the stick on mirrors, but

Why not get the convex (concave?) circle mirrors that stick on the corners?

Everyone in this town of mine seems to have them (and a monster-sized Broadway rear-view mirror) but that's because they need all the help they can get...

They probably go for a just few bucks at the local Canadian Tire, or Pep Boys, etc...

At least they are not as bad as the people down here. They need the help but refuze to use it, even when they have the mirrors. HOW HARD IS IT TO CHECK AT LEAST YOUR MIRRORS WHEN YOU ARE CHANGING LANES. Oh well, I guess that is what I get for living in cali then. Boy, I really wish I lived in the Seattle area sometimes, espically driving on the freeways down here.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

^ I used to do this, but on a vehicle like the LGT, without the reverse-gear auto-tip/adjust feature, my daily commute and city-parking becomes tremendously tedious.

Also, even with the mirrors set as-such, I would *definitely* still "head-check." It's the only way to be absolutely sure.... :)

One additional benefit of the "wide" (or rather, I'd like to think, "properly") set mirror as described by drewster and others is that it virtually eliminates any headlight glare from vehicles following you directly. This is a great bonus, especially for highway driving at night.

With my particular situation, though, I've just decided to compromise with the ugly el-cheapo stick-ons, and place THEM in-turn over the spots that following-traffic headlights glare most (i.e. inboard, upper corner). :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ :) I do the "Goose-n'-Maverick" thing. :lol:

One additional benefit of the "wide" (or rather, I'd like to think, "properly") set mirror as described by drewster and others is that it virtually eliminates any headlight glare from vehicles following you directly. This is a great bonus, especially for highway driving at night.

Dont forget asshats in SUV's at the drive through..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

The wide setting is great for me...I am able to have a full scan without moving my head to look in all mirrors. By the time I lose a car in my rear view mirror, it is already coming into view on my side mirrors. When it is out of view on my side mirrors, I can see it in my peripheral vision. It's much safer, and like has been previously stated, it reduces the glare of cars directly behind you.

Does anyone know if there are blind spot mirrors available for the Legacy?

Not the cheap stick on ones. Actual new mirrors that are contured or have an optical bend.

Like these: Stock on top

Thankshttp://www.billswebspace.com/vw36.jpg

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I had something just like this for my Passat. I really miss these because I notice my Outback has a helluva blind spot to it. I still turned my head but this really helped "just in case" some inched into my blind spot from time to time plus it really reduced the glare from headlights down to nothing.

Here's what I had (they were called blue tint aspherical mirrors):

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/images/product/iadmin/2677_x600.jpg

Guest *Jedimaster*
This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I had something just like this for my Passat. I really miss these because I notice my Outback has a helluva blind spot to it. I still turned my head but this really helped "just in case" some inched into my blind spot from time to time plus it really reduced the glare from headlights down to nothing.

Here's what I had (they were called blue tint aspherical mirrors):

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/images/product/iadmin/2677_x600.jpg

I'd be in for those.

I also have the tinted blue aspherical mirrors in both my vw's and love it.

They are a euro and asian option and sometimes standard equipment over there. Does anyone know if these mirrors were available in the asian market?

Maybe we can get them from an asian manufacturere?

Wonder if any of our European friend will chime in? They may even have part numbers.

That is what I was hoping for, or even better yet would be an owner from Asia.

Anyone know any euro/asian subie forums that ask for some help in?

Archived