LegacyGT.com

Gas Guage adjustable????

Is it possible to adjust the gas gauge? I have a 95 LSi wagon and the gauge needle always stops just below the full mark - I'm guessing almost a 1/4 tank low.- when I fill it up. THus it goes way down to E before it runs out. The low gas warning light doesn't work also which may be a ba blub.

any help is welcome! thanks in advance!

Is it possible to adjust the gas gauge? I have a 95 LSi wagon and the gauge needle always stops just below the full mark - I'm guessing almost a 1/4 tank low.- when I fill it up. THus it goes way down to E before it runs out. The low gas warning light doesn't work also which may be a ba blub.

any help is welcome! thanks in advance!

It's possible the low gas warning light is working just fine. I have the same issue as you, and as a result, my gauge goes to E WAY before the low fuel light comes on. The low fuel light does work, however, it's just actually coming on when it SHOULD. It's tied to a separate sensor, not the gauge itself.

There was a topic on here (I think) about doing some electrical voodoo on the sensor to make it work again

Yeah, a member welded on a little piece of metal where the float arm contacts the thin sheet of metal on the sender. It worked for a little while but then crapped out.

Archived