LegacyGT.com

95 legacy gt twin turbo noise at zero boost?

DV's are basically the same as the BOV's. They both release the built up pressure into the atmosphere rather than recirculating it. While I'm not familiar with turboed Subie motors I do know my way around the VAG 1.8T & 2.0T's.

Are you getting any lag under throttle?

Bong noise? is it metallic sounding or like rushing air?

I'd check all your vacuum lines as those are prone to failure on the VAG cars.

I'd also check out whatever is in there that's doing the recirculation.

Throwing any codes?

My guess is still that this isn't allowing the pressure to be relieved. Granted that's a guess across the internet with very little knowledge of the situation other than bong noise so take it with a grain of salt.

thanks bro ya this year legacy rec the excess air.and no im not lossing any power and there is no lag and i guess more of an air sound you could say, also it is not throwing any codes.

also i installed hids fog lights and when i turn them on the car suddenly goes to die then goes back to normal it has a new battery and alt any ideas?

thanks bro ya this year legacy rec the excess air.and no im not lossing any power and there is no lag and i guess more of an air sound you could say, also it is not throwing any codes.

also i installed hids fog lights and when i turn them on the car suddenly goes to die then goes back to normal it has a new battery and alt any ideas?

Sounds like the HID circuit is pulling a large initial startup load. Not sure if this is normal or not. But if its a normal thing, you could install a capacitor (as they do for audio systems) into the circuit to help out with that initial startup.

• I Donated
Sounds like the HID circuit is pulling a large initial startup load. Not sure if this is normal or not. But if its a normal thing, you could install a capacitor (as they do for audio systems) into the circuit to help out with that initial startup.

HIDs do require quite a bit of power to "fire up", but after they are running they don't use very much power at all. It shouldn't be enough of a drain to cause your car to bog down when they get turned on however. Sounds like you have some kind of ground problem.

Do a search for "Subaru Grounding Mod" and look into doing that.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674153

Check out that link for info on the grounding mod. I know its on this forum as well, I'm just not quite sure where and I don't feel like digging it up. I had the NASOIC one bookmarked lol.

Don't buy a kit. You can just use some sound system power wiring like I did. Its cheap (or free if you have extra laying around). Either way, if you do it yourself you will save a lot of money

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived