LegacyGT.com

Was at the dealer today.

I had a very long talk with the GM and a rep from SOA at the dealer today. The SOA rep saw that I was driving the GT and starting talking about upcoming plans for the 06 and 07 Legacy's. According to him he said the 06 might get a bump in HP close to the STI. The 07's are in the development stages, they are testing the 3.0 H6 motor with twin turbo's in Japan. Didn't get too much more from him. He did say the 2.0 (WRX) motor will get phased out of the Legacy's/Liberties worldwide and will get the 2.5.

If this is in the wrong forum please move. Just wanted to share. Take the info as you will.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

My dealer told me a couple of months ago that the GT/XT was going up to 280 HP.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6760&highlight=dealer+engines

But as usual, nobody takes those rumours seriously until they are confirmed.

We should know either way before too long...

I dont think they will bump the Legacy up to STi level in power. Maybe 260-270. I personally wouldnt care, my Legacy has a lot of power and it can always be modified if I ever wanted more power. I doubt they will use a Twin Turbo because subaru has decided to go with only Twin Scroll turbos from now on (from what EVERYONE has told me). If hes right thats awesome. But he may just be hearing rumors like everyone else. Im not going to dismiss anything untill I hear Subaru give the info themselves. We should get some official info about the 2006 Models within the next few months.

Guest *Jedimaster*
My dealer told me a couple of months ago that the GT/XT was going up to 280 HP.

They probably just installed Accessports on all the 06's. :lol:

chances are the 05 LGTs are already underrated. So subaru is 'adjusting' the power rating to reflect the truth. Big deal. :rolleyes:

Thats what Im thinking. But then whats wrong with Cobb's Dyno?

http://cobbtuning.com/legacy/images/ap-lgt-stage1.gif

If 250HP is a under-rated number by Subaru, then why does Cobb say our WHP is 196.3? Is Cobbs Dyno screwy? The Legacy does fell like it has more HP and Torque at the wheels. Anyone else dyno a stock LGT? Where the numbers similar?

Wheel horsepower is different than crank horsepower.

I know that.......... Im just saying it kind of sucks that we suffer such a loss from crank to wheels. Say Subaru under-rated the crank power at 250 when its 260-270. That would mean a 60-70hp loss between the crank and the wheels. Thats what you get from AWD though. 2WD cars suffer much less of a power loss, but they just arnt as cool :p .

I know that.......... Im just saying it kind of sucks that we suffer such a loss from crank to wheels. Say Subaru under-rated the crank power at 250 when its 260-270. That would mean a 60-70hp loss between the crank and the wheels. Thats what you get from AWD though. 2WD cars suffer much less of a power loss, but they just arnt as cool :p .

Also they typically have more difficulty 'delivering' the HP to the ground.... :D I don't mind the drivetrain loss at all... It seems like my 250hp/torque is faster than my friends 250 hp rwd.... or my other friends Acura TL which is listed at 270... They don't take off as fast... or keep it through corners :)

I dont think they will bump the Legacy up to STi level in power. Maybe 260-270. I personally wouldnt care, my Legacy has a lot of power and it can always be modified if I ever wanted more power. I doubt they will use a Twin Turbo because subaru has decided to go with only Twin Scroll turbos from now on (from what EVERYONE has told me). If hes right thats awesome. But he may just be hearing rumors like everyone else. Im not going to dismiss anything untill I hear Subaru give the info themselves. We should get some official info about the 2006 Models within the next few months.

It's quite common to use two turbos on a six cylinder engine - one for each bank of three. It's very difficult to get clean breathing from a single turbo to a six cylinder engine.

It's quite common to use two turbos on a six cylinder engine - one for each bank of three. It's very difficult to get clean breathing from a single turbo to a six cylinder engine.

I was trying to explain that to others a while ago but they all kept saying I was a idiot and Subaru isnt going to twin turbo.

Cobb's dyno is only one of two or three dynos that seem to read low.

I also believe they dynoed the car with VERY few miles on it.

It was something like a few hundred.

MOST, LGT's are dynoing in the 205 hp range, give or take

and 220 tq give or take a few.

WRX STI's are dynoing in the 235-240 range stock.

So based on that, it's apparent the LGT is underrated by probably 10 hp

and 20 ft-lbs of torque.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I was trying to explain that to others a while ago but they all kept saying I was a idiot and Subaru isnt going to twin turbo.

I'd have to seriously think about trading up if they put a twin turbo H6 in the Outback XT...

Wouldn't a twin turbo H6 Outback be faster than an STI? If so it seems like they wouldn't do it without doing something serious to their STI to make sure it's still faster... cuz it would be weird to have the STI be the second fastest Subaru...

On an aside, Jedi, can I ask why you're title is blocked out? I don't get it, sorry to be off topic, but I didn't want to put up a whole new thread on your title - as far as I know my title is not changeable by me, or was it not you who changed it...?

Weston

Guest *Jedimaster*
Wouldn't a twin turbo H6 Outback be faster than an STI? If so it seems like they wouldn't do it without doing something serious to their STI to make sure it's still faster... cuz it would be weird to have the STI be the second fastest Subaru...

On an aside, Jedi, can I ask why you're title is blocked out? I don't get it, sorry to be off topic, but I didn't want to put up a whole new thread on your title - as far as I know my title is not changeable by me, or was it not you who changed it...?

Weston

The Mods did it to me. Patagonian GT PM'ed me and started giving me a lot of grief, so I gave it back to him and he was like "Oh yeah?" and I was like "Yeah" and he was like "I'll black out your user text" and I was like "Go ahead!" and he did!

Wow, sorry to bring up a sore topic... they sure are hard on you it seems. But one thing's for sure, nothing could be worse than a blacked out user text, you should sue for cost of counseling...

-Weston

you know, now that I think about it, it really is quite funny that they did that, I just keep playing it over in my mind... ya? ya! ya? well I'll black out your user text!... and it just keeps making me laugh.

Wow, sorry to bring up a sore topic... they sure are hard on you it seems. But one thing's for sure, nothing could be worse than a blacked out user text, you should sue for cost of counseling...

-Weston

you know, now that I think about it, it really is quite funny that they did that, I just keep playing it over in my mind... ya? ya! ya? well I'll black out your user text!... and it just keeps making me laugh.

Thats nothing, I was standing up for JM and look what that jerk PGT did to me!:mad:

.o0O0o.

A factory Twin turbo H6 should be conservatively tuned from the factory (300hp?) with 6-7 pounds of boost much like the 2000-02 Audi S4s. This would hopefully keep insurance rates reasonable.

And then they should sell factory Sti Stage 1,2...upgrades so we can turn it up later! 350hp...400hp... :D

This way we won't have to pay for it all up front either. Some of us poor folk get in a bind when the initial cost of ownership starts creeping much over 30K.

Archived