LegacyGT.com

The Official Lakers Thread!

Mines

laker fans rejoice, we are title contenders once again.

Starting lineup:

Fisher

Bryant

Odom

Gasol

Bynum (when he comes back)

and our bench is sooo deep, I dont think anyone can compare now. And now we have two very talented 7-footers and lanky odom on the floor, Imagine anyone in the nba trying to get to the paint with those 3 out.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lakers just got a huge upgrade and didn't really have give up anyone to do it.

I think if everyone stays healthy they could go deep into the playoffs. Real deep!!

Bynum (manchild) and Gasol.:eek:

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Yeah, Lakers got a helluva deal on that one!

Gave up nothing but dead weight for a 16/10 guy... very good indeed.

As for being the team to beat, the West is still pretty deep. They'll still have a tough time with teams like San Antonio, Pheonix, and Dallas. Gasol doesn't make them a lock by any means IMO.

Plus, you still gotta come to the East and take on my Celtics. :D

The Big 3 are holding down the best record in the NBA right now by a long shot!

The spurs are a shell of what they used to be, the lakers have whupped up on the suns both times with bynum, and dallas isn't scaring anyone. If they all learn to play together, and odem remembers he can play, they should go to the finals.

You mean 19/10, that was a steal. There front line will be way to big for most teams to handle. They'd better have a strong parameter game....

Oh and the Celtics the regular season is one thing the playoffs is another, and we all know KG has a history of not showing up at all in the playoffs :eek:

Strong perimeter game: Pierce, Allen, House, KG with his 15 footer. 5th best 3 Point shooting team in the league. Let em' sit in the paint. ;)

KG in the playoffs: It's tough when you have to carry your whole team. ;)

Fret not... the C's, KG, and the big 3 will be alive well in the postseason. They've whooped every comer in the East, and most in the West (did you see them beat Dallas the other night.... without KG :eek:)

Lakers got a great deal. No argument about that though.

Oh, and I dunno if they'll start Bynum, Gasol and Odom... that might be too big of a starting line up to play effectively against most teams.

As for being the team to beat, the West is still pretty deep. They'll still have a tough time with teams like San Antonio, Pheonix, and Dallas. Gasol doesn't make them a lock by any means IMO.

Plus, you still gotta come to the East and take on my Celtics. :D

The Big 3 are holding down the best record in the NBA right now by a long shot!

yea, lakers were pretty much handling all the teams in the west when Bynum was in the lineup, (except for dallas, which they didn't every play against when bynum was in the lineup.

As for Celtics, yea they are good, but look at these potential matchup problems

fisher - rondo

bryant - ray allen

odom - pierce

gasol - garnett

bynum - perkins?

and what celts dont have is a deeeep bench. When everyone is healthy, lakers are pretty much unstoppable.

Good? Best in the league! :)

I don't see those as being bad matchups:

Rondo will have no problem with Fisher... I'd say it's the other way around.

Allen may have some trouble defending Kobe... not scoring on him

Pierce can't be stopped one-on-one

Garnett to Gasol... KG by a landslide

Perkins to Bynum... edge to Bynum

And the C's have quite the bench too. House, Scalabrine, Tony Allen, Powe, Big Baby, Pollard. That's quite the B squad if you ask me.

ill take the laker bench any day, check the stats, I think lakers have one of the most productive benches this year.

and celtics fans? They were chanting kobe last year at one of the games for gods sake. Just because they are good this year, all of a sudden the celt faithful are back again?

Are you kidding me, rondo over fisher. Thats crazy. Do you not remember what he can do in the playoffs. He was a major part of their clutch shooting in the championship runs. Rondo, who is he? What has he done? Fisher was such a great pickup, especially over smush.

Are you kidding me, rondo over fisher. Thats crazy. Do you not remember what he can do in the playoffs. He was a major part of their clutch shooting in the championship runs. Rondo, who is he? What has he done? Fisher was such a great pickup, especially over smush.

+1 thats one of the reasons why we are doing so well this year

-fish's play

-farmar's improvement

-bynum's improvement

-and kobe's willingness to trust teammates

all are reasons why we are so improved this year

oh yea, We got rid of brian cook and kwame brown this year too.

Good? Best in the league! :)

I don't see those as being bad matchups:

Rondo will have no problem with Fisher... I'd say it's the other way around.

Allen may have some trouble defending Kobe... not scoring on him

Pierce can't be stopped one-on-one

Garnett to Gasol... KG by a landslide

Perkins to Bynum... edge to Bynum

And the C's have quite the bench too. House, Scalabrine, Tony Allen, Powe, Big Baby, Pollard. That's quite the B squad if you ask me.

Clearly a Boston local.....:lol:

Hey, Rondo was the only question mark going into the season and hes solidified himself as a legitimate point guard IMO.

Guys fast as hell. Runs the floor with hardly any turnovers. Can cut to the basket. Defends like a veteran. New Jason Kidd if you ask me.

Ive been watching alot of games paying close attention to him... dont sleep on Rondo.

I think Fisher would have a tough time keeping with Rondo, hes so much quicker.

Clearly a Boston local.....:lol:

Hell Yes!! Welcome to Title-Town!! :D

No, but in all seriousness, you talk down on the C's, but they've got the best record in the NBA! Better than San An, Dallas, Pheonix, The Lakers, everyone! They didn't get there by being slouches. ;)

In the media, I'm sure they play the Big 3 hype alot, but if you watch ALL the games you see they're a much deeper team than that. The thing about Boston sports right now, is everyone just wants to come here to win. Every sport: MLB (Schilling, Beckett), NFL (Moss), and NBA (Allen, Garnett), guys just come here to play. They know their role and they play to it. What's more impressive that watching these 3+ lead the NBA is watching them do it in such an unselfish way.

I dunno, just seeing this type of attitude in the Boston sports world for the past few years is such hope in a world of "me-now" players going to the highest bidder. It's a different kind of game and a different kind of feeling.

Quite frankly, as great of a trade as it was, it's yet to be seen whether these guys can mesh together. As we all know, there's only one ball to go around. ;)

But hey, I hope the Lakers do well. I'd love to see a Celtics/Lakers finals. :D

Hey, Rondo was the only question mark going into the season and hes solidified himself as a legitimate point guard IMO.

Guys fast as hell. Runs the floor with hardly any turnovers. Can cut to the basket. Defends like a veteran. New Jason Kidd if you ask me.

haha, He did a real nice job on billups

NO WAY hes the new Jason kidd, do you realize what you are stating here. Jason kidd is a future hall of famer, a triple double machine you can not even compare the two. I understand your a Celtics fan, but be realistic, you guys need a better pg, thats why there has been so many rumors about sam cassell and the celtics.

Archived