LegacyGT.com

How much for a clutch install?

JonnyD3487

About 500 for labor, it is approx. a 6 hour job. I am getting this done tomorrow at FredBeans and am having an ACT HD clutch, 06 wrx flywheel installed for $1273 + tax.

Please write a review on how this turns out. Why the ACT clutch?

Please write a review on how this turns out. Why the ACT clutch?

Well, I have heard good reviews about it, it can handle more torque than the stock clutch and would be better for me down the line for when I get into engine mods. Besides that I do autox my car maybe 8 to 10 times a year so it would be nice to have a HD clutch that is also good for daily driving.

The wrx flywheel is cheaper than the Legacy's dual-mass flywheel and supposedly gives a better clutch feel/response.

I will give a review in the thread that I started regarding this topic.

Here is the thread that I started:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113155

I'm hoping the new clutch will give me a "normal" clutch feel.

I dont know about you guys but my clutch is super weird. its like a spring, the more i push it down, the heavier it gets.

Normally clutches have a heavy point then sort of "release" about mid way and go down to the floor pretty easily. Mine's not like that at all.

About 500 for labor, it is approx. a 6 hour job. I am getting this done tomorrow at FredBeans and am having an ACT HD clutch, 06 wrx flywheel installed for $1273 + tax.

How much power are you making? (TQ wise) I ask this because I'm making slightly more TQ then the rating of 420, my clutched lasted about 7000 miles and it started to slip, I've since replaced it with the six puck, sprung hub rated at 530 TQ. If you have lots of power or plan on having more get the six puck, it's a tad bit more harsh but worth it. Besides I think it's cheaper than the street clutch.

If you purchase your clutch/fly from your installer you may save a few $$$. My installer knocked $50 off the install charge. I think it was $450 labor + $550 clutch. Got the fly free with Subie bucks. ;)

How much power are you making? (TQ wise) I ask this because I'm making slightly more TQ then the rating of 420, my clutched lasted about 7000 miles and it started to slip, I've since replaced it with the six puck, sprung hub rated at 530 TQ. If you have lots of power or plan on having more get the six puck, it's a tad bit more harsh but worth it. Besides I think it's cheaper than the street clutch.

I'm not trying to go crazy power-wise with the LGT, maybe 350 or 375 tq max. I just bought a 240sx that is going to be my project/weekend fun toy ;)

I just paid $250 for clutch, engine mounts, tranny mount, SS clutch line, and clutch transmission and rear diff fluid change. The guy used to work for PDX Tuning but works independantly now, if your near the Portland area let me know and I can PM you his number. He does really nice work.

• 2 months later...

Archived