LegacyGT.com

Finally got Cryotuned, How about you?

KBGRIZZLY64

So one would not want to drive his car thats tuned for up there

down to sea level then...... Bad things might happen ????

Indeed a tune "should" be calibrated to drive anywhere in the country but if the compensation maps are not set up properly control can be an issue.

Any car tuned on stock injectors for e85 up here would definatly be unsafe to drive aggressivly at a lower altitude due to the injectors maxing out.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even have a Cryotune and have gotten impeccable customer service and support from Dave. Sincerely impressed with by my firsthand experience with his service attitude.

Well thank you, glad to help.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

Met Dave Tuesday evening for my stage 2 Cryotune. Couldn't be more pleased with the results. It was an awesome experience, I've been on a couple other tuning sessions with a friends car and his tuner, I can easily say this was a better experience by far.

Dave made me feel like I was tuning it myself, explaining the changes and why they were made, answered any questions I had thoroughly. I look forward to working with Dave as my car set up progresses.

Like KBGRIZZLY, Ive finally been Cryotuned, how about you?

-Omar

I'm in the midst of being Cryotuned as well. Just flashed revision 3 of my Stage 2 + PWTMIC this morning. Getting smoother and results are just awesome so far! Highly recommend Dave and his service - communication, professionalism, and skills are all top notch! Once completed I'll post up some numbers ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to hear the positive feedback, a lot of people have told me they really enjoy the process and are almost sad when the revision process is over even though the car feels MUCH BETTER .:)

I have tested my stage3 stock fueling maps all over the country and will probably be making an announcement and adding them to my regular offered services soon. Pm me for details.

Thanks for the comments, customer feedback is always the best advertisement!

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd like to jump on the bandwagon here as well and commend Dave on his services.

My previous E-Tune experience was paltry compared to what Dave has been doing for my car. The last guy gave me a map, had me do a pull and said it was good. I was naive to say the least.

Dave has been quick with responses and very helpful with the process. I am at REV3 for my stage 1 and it is indeed a fun experience. I like each rev because the car keeps getting better and better.

I will be sad when it is finished. But that just means stage 2.

Thanks Dave!

I've been meaning to post here and give impressions after my tune was finalized with Cryotune Performance.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my Stage 2 tune from Dave after having the final revision over a week now. I had been Stage 2 previously; and when I purchased and installed a Process West TMIC, it was time for a tune update. After reading some reviews and hearing great things from a couple members I know here, I decided to give Cryo a crack at tuning my spec.B.

While I was happy with my previous Stage 2 eTune - I have to say my expectations were blown away once I began working with Dave! Communication and his service level is professional, informational, and his attention to the customer is stellar!

I purchased the eTune on a Sunday and had a response and base map the same day! I did my due diligence ensuring my car was ready for the tune (his site has some great information regarding this), and even though my TMIC was the only change - I ensured the MAF sensor was freshly cleaned as well as the air filter. I also double checked all connections and vacuum lines to ensure no leaks, and moved on to flashing and logging.

He keeps you up to date with what's going on and I was receiving revisions daily during the week as I turned logs around same day whenever possible. When I was going through the tuning, we had some severe weather changes. Went from highs in the mid 70s down to highs in the mid 30s over the course of a week, which really worked out great to test the tune and compensations made for different IATs. He also has experience working at high elevations which was useful in my opinion, seeing as I live at 3600' ASL.

I highly recommend Dave - especially if you are new to Subaru tuning. His attention to detail, concern for the customer, and communication through the tune are second to none. I'll be using Dave again for the next "stages" of tuning after I get my mods in line (and Dave has been a helpful resource with insight as to making decisions on fueling and supporting mods for the turbo I want).

If you're on the fence about choosing a tuning service over the internet - get in touch with Cryo! My initial email to him sealed my decision. I have no regrets and am so happy I chose to be "CryoTuned"!!!

Thanks for the support guys, I have been very happy working with all of you so far and the people who havent posted here as well. glad to hear its a positive experience during and after the tune. Customer feedback and referal is how I really grow my business so these positive reviews really help.

This forum is an amazing place and I am lucky to work with so many great enthusiests that enjoy making thier car's perform to thier fullest.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone has got thier shopping done, always a great time of year to slow down and try and spend a little time with the people that matter.

Hope everyone has a happy holiday

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i actually just researched it, and from jan 1st 2011, all E85 production was stopped in ireland :-/

But if any of you guys ever visited here, you can see that our government hates car lovers, majority of cars on the roads are diesels....

I'm Cryotuned now as well (went open source from Cobb OTS Stage 2). Great experience with excellent communication.

My car was always a PITA, but Dave was able to work with its idiosyncrasies and now it drives exponentially better and is smooth and powerful :)

I'm sure when I get bored with Stage 2 and give in to a stage 3 setup, I'll be in line for another tune ;)

Edited by compsurge

:icon_mrgr

Another huzzah for Dave and CTP!!

Dave completed a road tune on my '07 specB a few weeks ago and I have been loving it ever since.

I went from a Cobb OTS stg2 to the Cryotuned stage 2. More power down low through the top end, and smoother overall to boot. My winter tires are fighting to keep traction in 1st gear and it'll chirp the tires getting into 2nd. That was not happening with the OTS tune here at >1mi over sea level.

This is no placebo - I've been driving for 24+yrs and I know what feels 'right' when it comes to internal combustion. The torque and drivability is GREAT!!

I can't wait for an E85 tune come spring.

Great communication and professionalism. Dave makes sure you know what is happening and explains the process so you know exactly what is going on. Very good experience.

Did I mention smoooooooth :)

I'm 30-40 mins from an E85 station (the only one I'm aware of in the area) so getting an E85 map is a non-starter for me too.

Thankfully here in CO there are some stations within reasonable distances. But I'd say if I had to drive 30 minutes for a gas station that may become cumbersome. However, then I think...driving my scooby just because...maybe it's not so bad :rolleyes:

Back on topic...No tune from Dave but I'll be sure to visit when Stage 3 comes around!

Such as???

Well a lot of people that cant use e85 go the route of Meth injection because it provides very similar results. There are lots of people who will tell you its much more dangerous though because its not a constant supply like an alternate fuel and must be injected seperatly during spirited driving.

The downfall by nature is more moving parts so more options for failure and a clogged injector,empty bottle, failed pump without the proper failsafes in line can spell engine damage with an almost certainty.

Then there is always race gas....:)

hope that helped.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Compsurge and Farfromwork - It was a pleasure working with you guy's on your tune. Glad you are happy and return business is very important to me.

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]