LegacyGT.com

2007 Spec B Radio information thread

Deer Killer

Thanks Joel for going back to the wrecked car. If you find this cable and can get a part number you are going to have alot of happy subaru members :)

I purchased my radio and sirus module with Subie Bucks ;)

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back of the '07 HU looks exactly like the '08 one shown above. ;)

Not sure what I'd use an Aux in for at this point but I may do this just 'cause. :lol:;)

Oh yeah, I got my '07 HU and Impreza iPod interface kit with Subie bucks too. ;)

Alright, well there's good news and bad news -

Good news is the legacy was still there

Bad news is it was completely gutted - and i mean brutally gutted. I would have taken a pic if i had my phone. it looks like someone was after the ECU/ wiring harness and took anything that had a plug on the end both inside the car and in the engine bay. (so no part number on that harness ya'll were looking for)

The other good news for me was that i snooped around in the trunk of the car (something i didn't do the first time and found....the radio!) :lol:dirt cheap too....however, I'm planning on doing the Impreza iPod mod with it rather then the aux-in.

Joel,

You do know they make an iPod integration kit for the '07+ Leggy's now don't you? ;)

So...no need to do the Impreza one unless you already have one or have your heart set on one. If the latter's the case pm me as I have one I could part with.

Cheers!

Can you run the ipod kit with the sat kit?

Dang Joel I was hoping. Thanks for checking anyway.

I guess we need someone with an 07 and up to take the console apart and check for a part number for us. :) Any takers?

Joel,

You do know they make an iPod integration kit for the '07+ Leggy's now don't you? ;)

Cheers!

I recognized this this morning on subaru.com/ipod - Pretty neat! I'm curious and hesitant at the same time for this - i love navigating my ipod touch (big screen and i have a pro clip for it) and i don't really want that functionality to be taken away if i plug it into my radio. (there is no way the radio's navigation will be as nice as the touch) you don't happen to know if this is the case do you? (disabled music navigation from the ipod touch when connected to the subaru radio?)

If this is the case i'll probably buy a satelite tuner and go through the heck you guys are to rig up the aux-in. I loved XM back in the day when it was cheaper...haven't used it in years.

As for taking the center console apart, i've gotten good at it and it takes me 20 min tops. If someone around me wants to give me half an hour with their car i'll get the part number from that harness and we'll be set.

Guess I answered my own question

Legacy iPod Interface kit 2007-2009 $139.00pixel_trans.gif

iPod interface kit allows control of your iPod through the vehicle head unit and steering wheel controls (if equipped)

Text displays playlist, artist, album and song info

Charges iPod and also support podcast/audiobook content Fits: 2007-2009 Legacy and Outback

!!! Not compatible with Satellite Radio

Legacy iPod Interface kit 2007-2009 $139.00pixel_trans.gif

iPod interface kit allows control of your iPod through the vehicle head unit and steering wheel controls (if equipped)

Text displays playlist, artist, album and song info

Charges iPod and also support podcast/audiobook content Fits: 2007-2009 Legacy and Outback

!!! Not compatible with Satellite Radio

So you pays your money and then you no longer have access to the

iPod's great user interface ? I think I'd rather just hook it to an aux-in

jack.

It is a bit frustrating in how slow the reactions are when you're trying to navigate to a specific playlist, artist or album but if you use it like a juke box and just skip the stuff you don't want to hear it works great.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you use the Jazzy mod with an 07or 08 head unit? The HU in my 05 LGT LTD crapped out on me.

It's difficult to understand WHY you would want to, since those HU's

give you a "real" aux input. Unless you have two auxiliary sources

(e.g. Sirius receiver and MP3 player) and even so, having an A/B switch

on the aux input would be a lot cleaner.

I read through all the pages again, and I'm wondering if theres a wire I can buy to make the aux in work without hacking the wires up.

anyone?

Thanks

The best we can do for you is to look back in this thread for

postings by 'Jeromes' (and some follow-ups by me) on making

a completely new connector to replace the old one, using

some parts you may have lying around or can order (my

posts). You still have to steal wire #8 from the old connector,

but that shouldn't be too bad - and you don't have to do that

if you have manual HVAC controls or if you don't care if the

dimming function (on the radio/HVAC control panel) works

properly.

P.S. It'd help people help you better if you'd put the kind of car

you're driving (including model-year and whether or not it has

manual or automatic dual-zone HVAC controls) into your profile.

I still need the wiring harness from the factory aux in box in the console to the radio.

Anyone that has a 2007 and up and can find the part number for this, would be greatly appreciated.

I just got a new ipod touch 16GB for free via marriott rewards points. Now I need to get the Aux in working.

Cant use the ipod interface as I am already using SAT radio.

Please help us find this wiring harness number by looking at your 07 and up Subaru