LegacyGT.com

Swaybar preload?

Chief_Wiggum

Put my new swaybars in the past weekend. From what I understand, with non-adjustable bars and non-adjustable endlinks there is no preload adjustment possible. Is that correct?

The manual says to tighten everything with the car on level ground which is what I did, but I can't see how it would make any difference. The bar is free to rotate in it's bushings, and the endlinks are free to rotate at the bar and the control arm. So what's the deal with tightening the bar with a load on it?

Put my new swaybars in the past weekend. From what I understand, with non-adjustable bars and non-adjustable endlinks there is no preload adjustment possible. Is that correct?

The manual says to tighten everything with the car on level ground which is what I did, but I can't see how it would make any difference. The bar is free to rotate in it's bushings, and the endlinks are free to rotate at the bar and the control arm. So what's the deal with tightening the bar with a load on it?

Because everything sags when the wheels are hanging. Otherwise you'd have a difficult time connecting the endlinks and the sway bars.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived