LegacyGT.com

WT... Buy, Beg or Borrow?

ERLoft

I'm taking off my Bilsteins this weekend so they can be rebuilt. I've got a set of stock LGT struts to put on for the month that I'll be without my regular struts, but don't have any stock tophats or spring perches for them. As I understand it, it may be possible to use my Spec.B tophats with some extra washers, but a search of the forums didn't give me anything really specific.

Is there anyone in the San Diego area who'd have a spare set of stock LGT tophats that I can buy or borrow for a month?

PM or reply here if you can hook me up. If you're in the SD area, I'll come to you - probably Friday afternoon/evening.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Damn its going to take a MONTH to get them rebuilt by Bilstein? I was thinking about getting that done sooner than later, but damn I thought it would only be around a week.

I'll see if I still have my stock set laying around somewhere, not sure it made it back with me when I moved to san diego

Cool, just let me know. I had thought the same about the turnaround time - I was going to get a rental for a week. Then I found out it was four weeks - uh, no way I'm shelling out 4 weeks on a rental car.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm an idiot. Should have rechecked the box with my temporary struts. I had to hats all along - it was the upper spring perches I was missing. No issues reusing those - the swap went off without a hitch. Worst part of yesterday's wrenching was how hard those rear brake mounting bolts are to get to, but got those done too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On a side note - the car did quite a bit lower on stock LGT struts and top hats - zero wheel gap at all for corners.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So How much was it for the rebuilds? Are there any options to change anything?

Did you go there directly?

Id also like to know.

Also, being that I bought spec B bilsteins used, for my LGTL, do I get an option to rebuild? Or is it original owners only? And how to prove this if needed?

I went there in person. Since my rears were not rebuildable, I'd have to order new ones and order them custom valved. Total cost on all 4 corners with normal delivery speed (mid-November) will be about $540. I'm considering Tarmac 1's or KW V2's now...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived